Working at Home

I work from home and I think the pros outweigh the cons. I'm a mother who likes to be able to put my daughter on the bus, be there in case my children get sick and be able to maximize my income versus paying for gas, lunch, etc that an outside of the home job would require. I think there are a few cons, your stuck with online only interactions if you don't get yourself involved in outside of the home activities. i think I miss the social interaction sometimes but I would rather have a social circle at the gym or invest time in myfriends than deal with the politics that an office can bring.

It takes someone with a very strict work ethics to work a full day's job from home, I don't I could make it, at some point the TV would start yelling at me "WATCH ME! WATCH ME!!"

It takes someone with a very strict work ethics to work a full day's job from home, I don't I could make it, at some point the TV would start yelling at me "WATCH ME! WATCH ME!!"

I agree with you! Sometimes, to work online, you need to keep an office at home where there's no TV, no babies, no children. You're at home but you're at office, you're own. Sometimes, you even need music to stop thinking about everything you could do else. When you don't establish clear rule to yourself, working at home can be really challenging.

Like what you are doing in work from home. Time Management is the key to success whether its work from home, or you have to go to the office.

Since you are working from home then firstly get done with your home chores so that you can concentrate on your work. Like cleaning, dusting or cooking whatever your job just finish it. You can start working after everyone leaves the home or you can also wake up early to work.

For an example, if I do custom writing from home then I need to concentrate so I basically get all work done and then sit to pen down my thoughts and do the necessary research or I can wake up early in the morning to wrap up my work. Some people do late night working to get it done.

The choice is yours, above are just some tips.

Back