Working at Home

luifranc

If you're working from home, what do you think are the pros and cons of choosing this new working lifestyle? How were you able to cope and adjust from doing a clockwork job to working at your own phase? Time management is usually the key here and would give some tips on how you make it work and not procrastinate?

I do work from home. I like the flexibility and being able to eat at home. I can also take my laptop with me and work where's there is wifi. he downside is that there's a lot at home to distract me. Sometimes cleaning my apartment is more appealing than working. Self management is the key. Another downside is that it's hard to separate myself from work since I work and live in the same place.

Working at Home has its own advantages & disadvantages.
Advantages: You can work whenever you want day or night, you have not to travel to your office, you have no boss.
Disadvantages: Too much distraction at home while you work, sometimes it is difficult to manage work & home at a time.

I have recently taken to working from home and am absolutely loving it. It's a matter of managing your time. I find that coming up with a schedule for the day before it even begins helps a lot. During the course of the day, I do my very best to keep to the schedule - if something comes up that's an emergency and has to be dealt with quickly, I adjust the time spent dealing with it. This has only been for 2 weeks though but, so far so good. Another one of the advantages of working from home is not having to wear work clothes!!! :)

The only con I see from working at home is that you have to be self motivated, and create your own work. If you can't do that, then you can't work from home. It's a blessing to be able to work from home, because you can set your own hours, and there is no limit to how much money you can make from home(depending on what you do).

From personal experience, it may be a pain in the butt to get a job offline, but it's even harder to find a real solution to making money online unless you have an offline job which allows you to work online at home or something.

The only disadvantage to it is less interaction with other people, although I visit customer sites quite a lot so it's not too bad for me.

With today's technology I don't see why the majority of office-based jobs can't be done from home. Unfortunately technology is used in all of the wrong ways and not to benefit people in the ways that it can, the world is too stuck in "the way it's always been", usually due to big businesses insisting on it, these people hold us all back.

Looks like we all have the same dilemma when it comes to separating life at home and work. I guess that is indeed a disadvantage especially when you always feel now that you are always working. I had to go out and unwire myself to get on normal life. I see my friends and I completely do not bring my phone with internet nor any gadget that would connect me to the cyber world. It's refreshing!

If you work from home you theoretically have a flexible program but practically you may end up working more than an offline full time worker. Of course, the rewards are bigger and if you like what you're doing than you will probably don't mind spending a few more hours in front of the PC.

2z6be4

I don't have any experience in working at home but I have a friend that does so.
He says that the most important thing is to set daily goals, and always achieve them.
He wakes up really early in the morning so he gets all the work done asap, then he can enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

I have been working from home for many years now. It's a life-style that's very suitable for me. I don't like commuting for a start. So working from home is simply wonderful. Also I have irregular working hours and working on the net fits in very well with that.

I agree with you on this, but speaking about working at home, don't you spend more hours than at a regular job when you work online? I bet you did, and all online workers did, this is just how it is, but the satisfaction it brings it's overwhelming.

If at all, there is a good tracking system for your work, working at home is fun!

I really think that, when a person is in his/her comfort zone, lot of things go real quick and efficiently with quality.

This is true! Although sometimes being too much comfortable could lead to not being productive. It helps me discipline myself though that's why I love working at home. It teaches me to be more independent.

Working at home is not for everyone. It takes discipline, hard work, patience and tenacity to be your own boss.

If you need guidance constantly then the odds are you will not do well at home. You might find yourself constantly bored and looking at other sites instead of working on yours and the time sinks online are many.

Still, if it's for you it's the best job in the world in my opinion.

I found myself somewhat Trapped to work at home. After a heart operation I wasn't allowed to push, pull, lift, or even drive a car. Working on my computer seemed the only immediate solution. I haven't found the secret yet - I'm filling in surveys and doing some minor tasks on Microworkers.com but don't know how profitable those two streams will be. I see those get rich quick schemes everywhere and some of them are very enticing but I just don't buy them (literally)

If you work from home you theoretically have a flexible program but practically you may end up working more than an offline full time worker. Of course, the rewards are bigger and if you like what you're doing than you will probably don't mind spending a few more hours in front of the PC.

I find this to be true. As I am mostly online and devote some hours to the internet to make sure that I am abreast with what's new and update, I tend to find myself online almost all the time. Which is the reason why creating a schedule and keeping to it actually helps. It's all relatively new to me right now, and I am still in the learning curve. It is almost just as hard to stay patient especially when there are things that need doing.

The only disadvantage I am affected by working at home is that work feels a bit more casual. And because of that, I tend to feel like I could put it off as if they were just house chores, when in reality, deadlines are a lot different than just taking out the trash. It took me a while to discipline myself into realizing that I might as well be in an office when working at home, so I guess that's the only major adjustment I had to do. Otherwise, I think it's a lot better than working at an office and definitely a lot more fun.

If only I had anything to work on while I'm unemployed. Would you guys suggest anything to make some cash (not much, just something to play with) through the internet? I looked for it thousands of times, but never really found something that would give proper money to the line of work it was in.

I enjoy to do minor work from home. I have never been able to make a full income from it though. It is more of a way to make extra money on the side. By working from home, I mean making money from PTC websites and other websites that offer money for different tasks.

Back