Work at Home or office

As someone who works at home I would have to say this is the best option, but it has its downsides. On the plus-side I can work when I want and don't have to worry about being fired, but on the other hand I don't have someone to motivate me to work.

I think working from home is a lot less stressful.

Working from home and from office has its unique advantages and disadvantages. Ideally, I would prefer to work from home. I believe it will be a lot easier for me to work, be productive and cut cost. However, it will also need a lot of self discipline in order to get things done.

I would much rather be working in an office. I hated working from home when I had a high pressure job with an insurance carrier managing their online marketing efforts. They were always treating me like they were suspicious of what I was doing all day and it was getting really old because I got sick of being on the defense all the time with my boss. No matter what I did he was always acting like that, questioning everything I was doing. Just monitor my computer remotely and look for yourself, you don't need to call me all day long and make phone calls stressing me out like that.

I would rather work from home, to avoid wasting time travelling to and from the office, having to get up early, etc. However, it may not be convenient for everyone, for example if you have young children, I doubt you'd be able to do any work. Another disadvantage can be that you are responsible for your own equipment, if your computer crashes in the office of the internet is down, they can't hold it against you when you don't get any work done, but if that happens at home, you'd have a hard time explaining your technical difficulties.

I much prefer to work from home and always have, however when I worked full time I was not allowed that option which kind of sucked when i became ill as it could have meant that I kept my job and was not fired. Anyway given a choice and I don't have a choice, but I choose home, because where I live is quiet, I don't have small children at my feet (and I do not know how Mums cope working at home and tending to their children) but it's it much better. Because I am physically challenged and have a couple of serious health conditions I have been told I cannot work for some time if ever again, at all. So I have chosen to start my own business from home and write online and submit writing to various print media. So far I am doing really well and I love what I do. You really have to set your own agenda and you need to have strong self-discipline to make it work. I work harder at this, than I ever did at any job I have had out side the home and the benefits are starting to pay off.

Back