Work at Home or office

I am currently self employed as a forum owner and free lancer, however, if I had the choice, I'd choose an office opposed to home any day of the week, work and personal matters do not belong together and it can taint an individuals perspective of things which happen in their home or in relationships :p

Working from home is a lot better. I don't have to drive anywhere to get started with work, and I don't even have to get dressed properly to do it. It saves me a lot of time in travel and preparation that it affords me a lot more time just to do the actual work. So I love working at home a lot more than in an office.

In most cases, I would say work from home. It all depends on the task-at-hand, to be honest. I just feel more free in my own home.

I would mind working at home. I'd actually enjoy it more - since I can save gas and driving costs. But I have had to commute to an office before so it would seriously come down to which offers the most income.

I think it really depends on what type of person you are. It also depends on your lifestyle. For me, I like a combination of both. I like working outside of my home and interacting with people. However, I like working from home because I can set my own hours and take a lunch break whenever I want. If you are not a very disciplined person, working from home is not for you. It's up to you to wake up and actually work when you plan on working. Since no one is actually forcing you to get out of bed or focus at a given time, it's hard for some people to work at home. I am a very dedicated and focused person when I work from home, so I don't have issues of getting distracted. I really enjoy working outside of the home and working at home. One day when I'm a mother, I would like to work solely from home. I want to be around my children as much as possible. Everyone has their own personal preference when it comes to work. Like I stated earlier, it really just depends on what type of person you are and the lifestyle.

I like working at home, but sometimes that means you never stop working. At least when you work at the office you actually leave at some point. I'm on my computer from morning until night, and sometimes it gets old. But I do love the freedom of being able to drop work and drive my kids somewhere, or visit them at school and eat lunch with them. So it really is a trade-off.

There are some jobs which you can't do from home where are you working in team on big projects. For me it's also awkward to give 100% attention to my job at home because I distract very easily.

If you're working from home, what do you think are the pros and cons of choosing this new working lifestyle? How were you able to cope and adjust from doing a clockwork job to working at your own phase? Time management is usually the key here and would give some tips on how you make it work and not procrastinate?

I work from home and personally there is not much cons if we manage the time properly.Working from home has many advantages, from being our own boss,the personal freedom that we can enjoy,spend more time with friends and family,and mainly its a creative outlet that boosts our confidence.I experience this day to day since I work from my home.I have been into online business for the past few years,I do reselling business with Goresellers.com ,I chose this business because there was no way to get scammed if we found a legit reselling company.It is very easy to make a good turnover because the cost for each service is fixed by reseller and also it has a fixed commissioned pay for each sale.I do not allow any one to disturb me when I am at work and usually choose flexible hours where there is no way to get disturbed.I spend only 3 to 4 hours so I don't have any stress in managing my time.

I work from home as I'm a stay home dad and all that. I'd love to work in my own office one day, but right now I prefer working from my apartment.

I prefer to work at home. I like the idea of setting my own hours. I also like the idea of not having a boss breathing down my neck. I have to admit, it did take some getting used to it. It also takes a lot of discipline.

Both have there own advantages and disadvantages. If your working from home, it allows you to manage your own time as long as you get the tasks done and meet the given time frame and quality. However, staying at home will tend to lack you social interaction. While working on an office, you need to follow work schedule. For me Its better to work from home.;)

I've done both. They each have benefits, but I will say that working in an office does at the very least, assure that you will get out of the house for the day and maybe even take a walk. It's too easy to keep putting that off when you work at home. Sounds crazy, but it happens.

I worked at home and I am pretty comfortable working right now rather in an office. I have my own schedule. I worked what time I want. The only nuissance is that my friends and relatives always calls me during my busy hours and telling them not to disturbed during those hours but still they do. So, when Im doing some work, I turn off mobile phones and hung up the landphone. Thats the only time they noticed that I am really busy and never bothered me at all.

I worked at home and I am pretty comfortable working right now rather in an office. I have my own schedule. I worked what time I want. The only nuissance is that my friends and relatives always calls me during my busy hours and telling them not to disturbed during those hours but still they do. So, when Im doing some work, I turn off mobile phones and hung up the landphone. Thats the only time they noticed that I am really busy and never bothered me at all.

I work at home at the moment and one of the problems with doing so is what you mentioned about family and friends. They just don't understand how busy one is, and they would keep on disturbing by any means like they don't have something better to do with their own time.

Although, sometimes I feel like I'm being selfish by getting annoyed by their disturbance but I've got to do what I've to do.

Also, working at home can pretty much affect one's social life since you won't go out often like you would if you were working in an office outside of your home. And working at home tends to be haphazard sometimes 'cause one can just work at any time especially if we don't have a schedule.

I don't work as yet now, but my elder brother is a senior manager in Ford motors and he hot the option to work from home for few days. I had a conversation with him about what is better, work from home or from office?
His reply was work from office as you get the environment of the workplace, you extract extra efficiency than you get from the home.

So I can say that work from office is better than work from home.

Back