How Long Do You Stay On Facebook?

luifranc

Social Networking sites could be a black hole. Like a real time killer that the next thing you know, you’re already spending 10 hours a day on it instead of working on your online business. Sometimes even justify your work with it. How do you battle with that? I say it takes real discipline.

I have never had a real interest in Facebook. I have an account, as I have for about 3 years, and I have about 275 friends on it. I enjoy to catch up once in a while, but I don't spend all of my time with it. On a normal day, if I am bored on the internet, I will go to facebook and scroll down my Newsfeed until I run out of new posts. This usually takes about 15 minutes total. I might like a few statuses, comment on a couple, then I am done for the day. The only time I will spend more than 15 minutes on Facebook is if I am chatting with someone or there is really nothing to do (At which point I just keep refreshing the page until I get sick from boredom).

kevin

I stay on Facebook less than 30 minutes each day and most of that is for my business fan page. I do check my personal page for any birthdays. I also subscribe to a few news pages and I read the posts to stay current. That's about it for me. I don't even update my status.

Depends, if I sit down and chat it can last an hour or so, but usually I don't stay on Facebook more than a few minutes to read any notifications.

I don't spend too much time on it at all. I just go in and check a few updates and maybe reply a bit and then I leave. I almost treat it like an email now because I think the atmosphere there when you participate is a bit too noisy for my personal taste. I prefer Google plus a lot more because the conversations there are a lot more interesting and concise so I spend most of my time there.

I spend less than 10 minutes a day now on Facebook and I am glad! I use to be addicted to it for no reason at all. I wasn't accomplishing anything there! I was just wasting hours of my day reading updates about my friends eating McDonald's. All of that time I could have been working on improving my blog or doing something else productive. Now I'm working hard everyday to get back on track. It feels great! :)

I visit Facebook everyday, but I don't use it for 10 hours a day! I'll use it for maybe 10 minutes, and check back every hour or so. However, I use Twitter the whole day, tweeting at least once an hour :p

Time spent on Facebook for me is dependent on the schedule I have for the day. On the average though, I spend about 10-15 minutes checking on friends updates and looking at new fan pages that may interest me. Some of the most amazing things I discover, I have done through Facebook. It is not everyday though that I am on the site.

Not that much time, just for like 15-20 minutes to know how people are doing.
I was a chat addict on facebook, used to play games also, but somehow I got out of that habit!

Same here! I would play games like FarmVille all day, but I guess I just got bored of it after playing it every single day. That used to be the only reason I went to Facebook and I would spend hours each day! I got out of the Facebook gaming habit, which is good.

I spend daily 30 minutes on my facebook page to get connected with my friends and 30 minutes to promote my business page to get more like on it.

I think that most of persons spend a lot of time on Facebook because of games. Other persons spend time there because of other reasons like managing their Facebook page.

On my case I don't spend more than 5 minutes on Facebook. I just enter to see if I have notifications and I don't play anything because of lack of time.

You may want to set an alarm on your phone or on your computer if you find yourself losing track of time like that! I sometimes do lose track of time of FB, but only when I am relaxing and playing a game like Farmville. I don't market as much on Facebook so I really have to watch the clock when it comes to the games or else I will be missing part of the day.

I usually do not stay on Facebook for very long. I know I do not do any work on Facebook. I could never be able to justify staying on the site very long, unless it was like midnight. I do not tend to do any type of work online during this time of day.

When I used Facebook, I was a real addict. I would have it open on my tab every day, and go to it whenever I was bored. I would browse around the homepage even if there was nothing, and play some games on it. Now, I log on for 5 minutes each day since there's never anything to it, and the people I contact don't use it anymore. Currently, I'm using twitter, but even with that, I don't visit it often.

Back