Your favorite Bollywood couple ?

Santrupt, I know you've read many of my answers about Bollywood. Lol! Can't you guess now how I am going to answer your question? :) My favorite on-screen couple, hands down, is Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. And that's even after seeing Bajirao Mastani! I just love them. They were my first introduction to Bollywood with DDLJ and I have loved them ever since, and yes, that goes for Dilwale, too. Sorry, I don't think their legacy was hurt one bit by their appearance in that film. Respectful apologies to those who disagree. :)

I even enjoy watching the famous screen jodi's interactions when they are making publicity appearances together rather than acting on screen. They just have an ease in each other's company that I don't see other actors and actresses have off screen and even when they are moving from one venue to the next, surrounded by people trying to push in and reporters shouting questions, it's always obvious that his first concern is for her.

One of the iconic things that I think demonstrates what I'm saying is that Kajol quite often reaches over and pinches Shah Rukh's cheek. He never rolls his eyes. He never backs away. He just sits there and lets her do it, almost blushing like a school boy when she does. I saw an interview recently in which she reaches over once again and pinches his cheek, uttering silly noises as she does it. Then she turns to the interviewer and says very unselfconsciously, "I'm pretty sure I'm the only one he lets do this!" and if I remember correctly, she pinches him again. And he once again just grins at her and pats her hand. The picture below illustrates the look I'm talking about. I know they aren't a romantic couple in real life, but they are such great friends and that's lovely to see.

Back