Would you recommend Windows 8 over windows 7?

traditional windows platform like windows 7. Windows 8 is basically a smartphone interface, and without a touch screen it really isn't that great. I agree with a couple other posts it is better also on a laptop over a desktop. Personally I don't like Windows 8 and have Windows 7 on my 3 systems. I also think that windows 7 gives me increased compatibility with software and hardware. I use some older software that isn't made anymore, and I don't want to pay for new software, and it wouldn't run on Windows 8. Also tried a couple of my monitors 2 of my 7 didn't work right, driver compatibility. The 2 oldest, but still a reason for me not to get windows 8. My uncle got a windows 8 computer at Christmas time. He gave it to his son and stuck with his older windows 7 computer. He really got confused and was having a really hard time figuring it out. He said all the stuff moving on the screen was too much and he didn't like the idea of installing apps. I know of course he could just delete the tiles and not install apps, but that kind of defeats the purpose of windows 8.

Back