Would you recommend Windows 8 over windows 7?

kenslyjohn

I am on my research to buy a good computer. I am ready to spend high. But I require a very good computer. Windows 8 tops my list but some of my friends have problems with it. Many said it's a bit difficult to use. Would you recommend windows 8? or should I buy windows 7?

The reason why I am not considering MAC is that I am a gamer. Also which is better for gaming, Windows 7 or windows 8?

If you are planning to buy a desktop then I would like to recommend you. Windows 8 would be the perfect fit for laptops with touch screen. Even for a normal laptop I recommend you Windows 8. Many people still love Windows 7 more than its successor. It might be due to the factor that Windows 7 is simpler than Windows 8.

I would recommend Windows 8 over Windows 7 to most people. If you are getting a laptop, I think that Windows 8 is much easier, I used to hate Windows 8 before I had my Windows 8 laptop, but now I prefer it. Some people just plain out hate Windows 8, and they will probably stick with Windows 7. I have not found Windows 8 to be as good on desktops as it is on laptops. Windows 8 has lots of shortcuts that are important to know, and if you don't know them, you probably hate Windows 8.

Many people hate on Windows 8. I love it, the design and speed is incredible. The computer turns on and off very quickly. There are many features which I recommend. Although I do hope they add the start bar again.

I would, but not in all circumstances. Just like every software, every person is different and something different should suite them. Hell, even some of my relatives still use Windows 98 and XP, but they have no plans on moving an inch further.

I'll be keeping to my Windows 7 for the remainder life that my laptop has. I'll probably grab a Windows 8 desktop sooner or later.

Hello,
I would recommend Windows 7 since you mentioned gaming and if you are really used to using a traditional windows platform like windows 7. Windows 8 is basically a smartphone interface, and without a touch screen it really isn't that great. I agree with a couple other posts it is better also on a laptop over a desktop. Personally I don't like Windows 8 and have Windows 7 on my 3 systems. I also think that windows 7 gives me increased compatibility with software and hardware. I use some older software that isn't made anymore, and I don't want to pay for new software, and it wouldn't run on Windows 8. Also tried a couple of my monitors 2 of my 7 didn't work right, driver compatibility. The 2 oldest, but still a reason for me not to get windows 8. My uncle got a windows 8 computer at Christmas time. He gave it to his son and stuck with his older windows 7 computer. He really got confused and was having a really hard time figuring it out. He said all the stuff moving on the screen was too much and he didn't like the idea of installing apps. I know of course he could just delete the tiles and not install apps, but that kind of defeats the purpose of windows 8.
As for difficulty in using and a plus for windows 8, is if you use a smart phone using Windows 8 would not be a challenge. I had no problems sitting down and using it right away, but I also have had a smart phone since the Galaxy S was first released and use it constantly. I would say another plus to it is if you are wanting constant updates on your social media. The "live" tiles do a decent job at that.
I did notice someone mention how fast windows 8 loads, but I would ask is it because of an updated bios or really windows 8. My newest windows 7 computer loads as fast as my uncles windows 8 computer did. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Have a Great Day!

I think the thing with Windows 8 is that Microsoft seemed to be only targeting tablet users, and it just seemed stupid to use that kind of interface for a desktop. But, it does seem like they weren't totally targeting tablet users so maybe people will start to warm up to it. I still prefer Windows 7, but maybe I'll give 8 at try (probably when it comes pre-installed on something).

I would recommend Windows 8, because it's not as bad as people say.
I use most of the apps that are default on the start menu, such as the new, message, email and other stuff.
I've even downloaded a few games like Jetpack Joyride.

xHysteria.

Personally, I would stick to Windows 7 simply because I have already gotten used to it and touch screen isn't something that has really sparked my interest. I am a pretty conventional computer user and I would like for my software to be easily compatible with each other regardless of where I access them from. I have a sneaking suspicion that eventually, all computers would have Windows 8 as their operating system which will later on push me into wanting to upgrade, therefore, Windows 8 is something that is inevitable to learn...if you think that you will be able to use most of the functionalities of Windows 7 as it is, I would suggest you stick to it but then again, who knows, you may prefer to be in the "now" when it comes to technology. Whichever way you go, I think you have to consider what it is mainly that you want out of the new computer that you intend to purchase.

Not even by a slightest chance!
Its like, if you have a better internet connectivity, you can go for the same, but if in case, you are not that fond of tiles in Windows 8, it can prove to be a fatal operating system for you all!

Whereas, Windows 7, known for its excellent memory management, will definitely please you with its ever improving performance!

Yes, I would. If you are talking about gaming, then what you need is an operating system that uses as little resources as possible so that as much resources as possible are left for your gaming. From my own experience, Windows 8 does use less resources than Windows 7. Is it difficult to use? Can you use a mouse? Then you should be able to use Windows 8. It's as simple as that. Just make sure you leave behind all pre-conceived ideas about how Windows work and you will be fine.

I would say the windows 7 is for more better than windows 8,so i would suggest you to have the windows seven os

Although, many here seem to support windows 7 over 8, but there is no reason to be using windows 7 now, if you are buying a new PC.
windows 8 provides all the features 7 does. I admit its a bit difficult to understand at first, but once you get the hang of it, it proves to be better.
Note: if you want windows 7 experience, just install "Windows Classic Shell" and you will have the start menu.

When you start your computer with windows 8 that is faster than windows 7. However, Windows 7 will have more programs support one. So, If you want to play games, I think you should choose windows 7.

Back