Which Graphic Design Program Is Best

helping-hand

I am generally good at arts but i am completely new to graphics designing using computers. Any body please suggest me what should i start with to have some basic knowledge of Graphic design. Also tell me which graphic design is the best for new comers by doing which they can at least start and learn the basics.

If you tell me any graphic design program on the east coast or if you can tell me if any thing is available online.

If you're a beginner, I would recommend Gimp. You can find it through a quick Google search, and it's free. It's what I used to start learning how to create and edit graphics on the computer. If you have money that you're willing to spend on a program, I would recommend Photoshop 5. It's very simple and efficient to use, and there are a surplus of tutorials to make you proficient in Photoshop available online. Photoshop is one of the most widely used photo editing software, and can be used to make amazing images. Good luck with choosing one and learning to use them, the beginning is always the longest and most trying.

What you would need is to learn the interface of the software you prefer using, if you haven't decide which software yet then maybe its one thing that yuo first have to look at. There's Photoshop and GIMP which is totally different but almost works and functions the same thing. when I say different, they are created by different organization. GIMP is created by Opensource community and is free while Photoshop is not free and created by Adobe.

Since you mention that you are great with arts then maybe using a drawing tablet will be as easy as you may see it. :D Using Wacom tablet is of course easier because you need not to hover and draw things using the mouse but a pen and a pad connected to your computer. you can google Wacom to see it.

GIMP and Photoshop are the top of the herd when it comes to Graphic Designs. Photoshop is the "gold" standard, but it's alot more expensive then the free-ware, GIMP. I'd take the 60 day trail in the latest PS CSwhatever; Because, let me tell you, GIMP =/= Photoshop.

Although they are in the same catergory of photo generation and maluptation, their controls and workflows are two seperate worlds. I, personally, used GIMP for 2 years and it has a very big learning curve with "all-right" support for it, but Photoshop is more viewed upon as a better supported software will TONS of tutorials and materials you can use.

I am generally good at arts but i am completely new to graphics designing using computers. Any body please suggest me what should i start with to have some basic knowledge of Graphic design. Also tell me which graphic design is the best for new comers by doing which they can at least start and learn the basics.

If you tell me any graphic design program on the east coast or if you can tell me if any thing is available online.

For graphic design, I would primarily be working in Illustrator, but also in Photoshop as well. The reason being, graphic design also involves designing stuff for print, which a program like Illustrator and vector graphics are more suited for.

Paint.net is a powerful and free tool for your basic graphical editing. For the more advanced graphical editing there's Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, they have a price tag though, and not an all too cheap one either.

I'd say that Photoshop is good for beginners to the pros. There are alot of tutorials that you can find that imply on PS and the ability to make Graphic Designs.

I prefer Adobe Illustrator the most. It produces the most crisp graphics that you can make because it makes use of vector graphics instead of pixels. I prefer it an awful lot more than Photoshop for this reason alone, but they both are advantageous in their own way and offer slightly dissimilar aspects of designing.

This list is so big. I am sharing just a little bit such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3, Adobe Flash, Art Rage 3.5, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 etc

Depends. An overall good presentation, I'd choose Photoshop, but if you want a cleaner cut (w/ vectors) Illustrator is the way to go.

Although, they're never the cheapest. :p

I will give you my own experience... I started learning graphics with CorelDraw. It really showed me a lot of ways I can produce good designs easily. Then, I also used PhotoImpact. I am now using PhotoShop for most of my design related needs. Both CorelDraw and PhotoShop, and occasionally PhotoImpact are my chief graphics related software.

You can us GIMP instead of Photoshop and Inkscape instead of Illustrator. GIMP and Inkscape are powerful programs. Did I mention they are free, too?

I do know. I have stated before:

GIMP and Photoshop are the top of the herd when it comes to Graphic Designs.

Also, I have used GIMP 2.6 and later for +5 years, but that being said, GIMP just can't compare to the quality of Photoshop. It's a good alt. but just can't par up with the things that PS can do nowadays.

I do know. I have stated before:

Also, I have used GIMP 2.6 and later for +5 years, but that being said, GIMP just can't compare to the quality of Photoshop. It's a good alt. but just can't par up with the things that PS can do nowadays.

This is the part that has always intrigued me. Myself, I have never used Photoshop. So what exactly is that that Photoshop can do which GIMP cannot do? If it's something significant, I will give Photoshop a try.

I am a fan of Photoshop, but it can be pretty tricky to learn how to use it. There are so many different things that you can do with it, it can be mind-boggling. I have been using various versions of Photoshop for years and still don't have it all down pat by any means, but I'm not very artistically gifted, either. GIMP is a nice program. You can even do a surprising number of things with MS Paint, believe it or not.

Gimp and Photoshop are nice for more advanced graphic designers, but my first graphic design tools were Macromedia Fireworks and the very similar Sumopaint. Sumopaint is free, and you don't need to download it. Fireworks, on the other hand, is a paid tool. They both do mostly the same things, but Sumopaint is a web interface which can glitch and cause problems sometimes, but that happens very rarely. Fireworks is a wonderful tool that can do many things, and a lot of my graphics are made in that program. I use Photoshop for mostly picture editing since I don't have a drawing tablet.

Always start from photoshop... Why? Because You will finish on it for sure! so why to waste Your time to learn other programs? Photoshop is pretty easy for new users ( much easier than gimp - my opinion)

This is the part that has always intrigued me. Myself, I have never used Photoshop. So what exactly is that that Photoshop can do which GIMP cannot do? If it's something significant, I will give Photoshop a try.

Photoshop has a lot more "advanced" features when you compare it to GIMP. Things like 3D texturing and modeling (simple things) right on the canvas instead of going to external 3d modeling software is a big plus. Also, better layer-effects, tons of already-installed plugins, and waaaay better documentation and consistent development team. Although, GIMP is very useful and you shouldn't doubt its ability to complete a project. I've being using GIMP for the past 4 years (since version 2.6 rolled out on Windows) and I've done countless projects and artworks with it. But, still, PS is still the gold standard.

I would compare PS to Office Word as GIMP to Open Office Writer.

Back