What to learn to make websites?

shawon2170

Some people I saw here and there trying to guess what they should learn to make websites. Hopefully these would be helpful for them.

First of all you should know there is one thing that is father and mother of all websites, that is HTML. Without this there is no website as of now.

So you got the first thing you have to learn, HTML.

After HTML there are tons of other things you can learn. As of importance I would put CSS next in line. CSS makes different parts of a website look pretty (e.g. text color, link color, hover etc).

Once you know HTML and CSS well, you would be able to start making websites that are static. Static websites does not do any computing, database operations.

You can also have some basic javascript knowledge. For beginners I would say dont put too much time on it.

You can take your skills to the next level learning a set of the programming languages, database coding etc. There are many options you can choose from, but I would suggest pick one line and stick with that. For example you can choose Microsoft Asp .Net C# with SQL database. Or you can choose Php and mySql database option. There are tons of other options as well.

I would like to just point out that in addition to learning HTML and CSS, a good designer needs to know Javascript in order to fluidly use other things like jQuery and etc.

If they can learn two languages, then there is no trouble to learn another equally important

I would like to just point out that in addition to learning HTML and CSS, a good designer needs to know Javascript in order to fluidly use other things like jQuery and etc.

If they can learn two languages, then there is no trouble to learn another equally important

Yes javascript is the mother of all these jquery, json and ajax technology. It is a requirement for a beginner in web designing

HTML is the primary language and necessary for website designing. Along with HTML you should know CSS & Javascript.
You can design websites on PHP, Asp. Net or Ruby on Rails, that is a new technology for web development in market.

As a beginner into website development, you got to have the HTML, CSS and Javascript in your arsenal to start off with - with any of these missing, your career as a website developer is limited and short spanned. Reason is obvious - there are many things that you would need to hack into and javascript is the best way to get the hacks done. You have to make your websites at least 90% cross browser compatible today - knowing the fact that there are still many older versions of browsers which will not support HTML5 - and if you code your websites in HTML5 you need to know a bit of javascript at least to make the Elements of HTML 5 work on some of the older browsers.

HTML is the most crucial part to making websites. You need to install a theme with HTML, add sections, pictures, redirects with HTML. I tried learning HTML for the past 2 weeks, but I have had no luck, but I plan on retrying in the future.

I really wish i could make a website by myself..

I want to make a website that can yield something. a dating website that has premium package. It is very expensive whenever it ry to ask and i wish i can do it myself. what are the basic things to learn..?

Last edited:
I generally use customized templates of others for my sites. I know basic of html but I am not into creating websites. I think I should learn the languages you mentioned and I also need to be more creative.

First of all, CSS and HTML are not programming languages. They are markup languages. They describe how a website looks, not what it does. To make a nice-looking website, those are all you need and in fact all you can use.
If you want to make the website more interactive, you have to learn Javascript, which is a language that runs inside the web browser. Outside of cross-compilers like PyJamas, Javascript is the only language you can use to program within a website. You can also learn ActionScript (a Javascript variant used by Flash) or C# (a Java-inspired language used by Microsoft's Silverlight) to add content to your page.

There are so simple to learn about how to create a website.. if you are a learner then go to the w3school.com. This is a best tutor of website development site which is helps to develop your own website easily......so just try it..

Thanks for sharing these valuable tips..!

If you want to jump right in when you have enough bare bone knowledge, try using frameworks like Bootstrap, Kohana, and other ones. They speed up the process of developing each and every function, plus you can easily switch out code you need and dont need!

If you were to want a professional grade program to design a site in html I prefer to use Adobe Muse, it is rather simple and someone that has never used Adobe products could most likely pick it up within an hour.

Now, i introduce to you and all people Magento Mobile Sale Tracking Pro

Download FREE in Monthly Event 1 from 6/2 to 6/3/2015, click here to get FREE extension: Download

With this Extension, you can directly get access to your real-time sales data, such as today’s sales, today’s orders, and bestsellers in a clear sight of detailed reports from any mobile devices you want at anytime. Just tap and all necessary detailed & latest reports are at your fingertips! Above all, no data sharing requirements from the third party, which help to increase the access speed and data security!

Details Monthly Event 1: Here

Back