What is the best SEO or SMO?

I would say that both are important. Social media is becoming more and more used in advertising. Plus, with social media you can update your website users faster than a search engine would. So a good strategy would be to used SEO to get new members and SMO to update old ones. On another note. Retweeted tweets that have your website url instantly become back links.

Both are important for promoting website. SMO is for promoting brand, product or business and SEO is for promoting website.

SEO and SMO both are good. By using seo increase visibility of your website to many search engine while smo helps in seo works to increase traffic of your website.

SEO stand for the Search engine optimization. SEO main motive is increasing the Keyword ranking of website. SEO work is the Two type On page seo and off page seo. Off page seo work is:
Forum submission
Blog submission
Yahoo Answering
Article submission
Social Bookmarking submission
Directory submission
Images Sharing
Video Sharing

If you compare SEO and SMO than I have to tell you that you can't judge this comparison because these twos are not comparable. Both are important and relevant at there level. In fact SMO is one of the part of SEO. You can do SEO without SMO but you can't do SMO only.

SEO - Search engine optimization is used to build high quality backlink and traffic to the website in organic way.
SMO- Social media optimization is helps to promote business online and building brand awareness to the audience and customer.

My point of view both are best for promoting business online.

SEO: Search engine optimization - for increasing traffic form search
SMO: Social media optimization - For increasing traffic from social networks.

Back