What is alexa ranking?

Alexa Rank is given to a website by Alexa Corporation on the basis of world wide traffic on the site.
As traffic increases on a site then Alexa rank decreases in numbers.

It's a ranking system which was considered an important aspect to measure the site's activity. It's not as famous as it was used to be like. Alexa will fluctuate a lot in ranking, you cannot believe alexa ranking unless your website is on top 10k or 100k otherwise alexa will not follow your website well.

This is a ranking system set by alexa.com that basically audits and makes public the frequency of visits on various Web sites. The algorithm according to which Alexa traffic ranking is calculated, is simple. It is based on the amount of traffic recorded from users that have the Alexa toolbar installed over a period of three months.

The global traffic rank is a measure of how a website is doing relative to all other sites on the web over the past 3 months. The rank is calculated using a combination of the estimated average daily unique visitors to the site and the estimated number of pageviews on the site over the past 3 months. The site with the highest combination of unique visitors and pageviews is ranked #1.

Alexa is stats measurement site and informing you about your web ranking worldwide and country to country.

Last edited:
Yep, it is a marker of your traffic, I have to make sure this is kept up (or down) as the better the number looks the more clients I attract, it is still a very vital aspect of sponsored post writing I'm afraid, that and PR.

Alexa rank is numeric value that represents how important a page is on the web. Alexa rank can be decreased by having other websites link to your content.

Alexa.com is a website that ranks websites based on traffic, so in terms of SEO, moving up or down the ranks of Alexa is indicative of how your SEO campaign is doing. If you're doing SEO right, you should get a better Alexa rank.

Alexa ranking is determined by the Alexa corporation. Your ranking is influenced by a lot of different factors including SEO, page design, Backlinks and most importantly, traffic to your website.

Yeah nice to know the reviews about Alexa ranking.Actually its takes a major role on internet for the sites popularity.Internet surfers like marketing holders and web developers knows well about it.

Back