What Are Good Colors To Use On A Website Background

I believe anything natural is effective. White colored, light gray, muted bravo, etc . Even though some other colours might look nice, I think it is advisable to proceed with neutral for the backdrop and text. You are able to play a bit more with colours if you are producing your images.

I think dark background because it has the following advantages:
1. Eye fatigue from video glare is reduced
2. Flicker problems (if they exist) are reduced by dark backgrounds
3. Some medical conditions (e.g. photophobia) are less aggravated by dark backgrounds
4. Colours, when used to convey information like syntax highlighting, might be easier to notice against a dark background
5. Less blue light could mean less disruption to the body’s sleep cycle if using the display in the evening
6. On some displays, dark colours save electricity and since darker displays are more suitable for use in dimly-lit rooms, the lighting can take less electricity too
7. Defective pixels that are permanently dark can cause less confusion if the background is darkand if, after an accident, the display still works but a digitiser (“touch”) or other layer in front of it is cracked, then this might be less noticeable against a dark background, hence allowing more time between repairs or replacements
8. If the display is surrounded by a dark border, then bright text can touch its very edge without causing confusion, unlike dark text which may need a margin (dark lines running along a black edge won’t stand out), therefore light text on a dark background can make better use of space during full-screen presentations etc.

You can pick any complementary color but try to choose light shade color which is almost transparent but not completely invisible because it really gives a good touch to your site. You can pick light blue, white, light gray kind of colors. You can also use the combo like red with cream color.

For an example heading in Red, Burgundy or Maroon Color with the background of Cream color which is light or fading.

I want to discuss with you guys on what do you think are the good colors to have for a shopping related website. There are also adsense ads on this website and the purpose for asking this question here is to discuss good colors which look nice to eyes and also do good for ad-sense optimization.

I think, most important is: "Create a strong contrast between a page's background and its text."

Last edited:
Back