What are elements a good website must have?

Its hard to answer this question on the whole as there are tons of elements that can be recommended to build a Good website. But as a Digital Marketing person let me share what little I know.

Some Important elements a Good website needs to incorporate:

• User Interface Elements
  • User Experience Friendliness
  • Search Engine Friendliness (* I know I sound like a Typical SEO guy:eek:)
  • Elegant and yet simple layout
  • Mobile friendly & Responsive
  • Eye friendly colors
  • Content Management System
  • Amazing Site Structure
  • Expressive Images
  • Chat support
  • Captcha & other spam control measures
  • Subscribing option
  • Amazing Content (*Needless to say)
  • Elegant "Call to actions"
  • And More

User Interface Elements: A good website should always focus on being as much user Friendly as possible, to increase its potential. There are a lots of age old Interface elements for a website such as Parallax Scrolling, Retina support, Metro style, Flat elements, Single button share and lots more. (I wish to explain them all in detail but that will make it an elaborate Article)

User Experience Friendliness: User Experience (UX) is always critical and these days doubly so as Search Engines are reportedly taking it as positive signal. There is a reason why most top website have something in common among them, "A statistic or Survey followed by a relevant call to action" this is not just a simple sales element, but also an smart User Experience element. UX is all about understanding your potential audience and adapting to it. As a Digital Marketing person I always recommend conducting a detailed audience study (Analysis) before stepping in to any type of marketing or exposure activity.

I add details about the other sub-topics soon..!

Simple Tips:
1. Your website needs to tell a story and make your visitor want to continue reading.
2. Make an interesting and readable typography
3. Have a simple navigation
4.People love to see things in action. Create stunning visuals to draw users in to your site.
5. A website is the gateway to an action – make a sale, provide information, gather contact information. To ensure this action, calls to action prompts need to be obvious and strong.

Its hard to answer this question on the whole as there are tons of elements that can be recommended to build a Good website. But as a Digital Marketing person let me share what little I know.

• Eye friendly colors
  • Amazing Site Structure
  • Expressive Images
  • Chat support
  • Subscribing option
  • And More

User Interface Elements: A good website should always focus on being as much user Friendly as possible, to increase its potential. There are a lots of age old Interface elements for a website such as Parallax Scrolling, Retina support, Metro style, Flat elements, Single button share and lots more. (I wish to explain them all in detail but that will make it an elaborate Article)

User Experience Friendliness: User Experience (UX) is always critical and these days doubly so as Search Engines are reportedly taking it as positive signal. There is a reason why most top website have something in common among them, "A statistic or Survey followed by a relevant call to action" this is not just a simple sales element, but also an smart User Experience element. UX is all about understanding your potential audience and adapting to it. As a Digital Marketing person I always recommend conducting a detailed audience study (Analysis) before stepping in to any type of marketing or exposure activity.

Completely agree with you Mr. Kumar Palani, but I also believe a good website should also be updated periodically according to changes in trends and technology. I had seen a lots of well designed sites, loosing their success over time due to lack of updating to latest trends and technologies.!

I would say that putting effort into a quality of your website design will pay off for the long-term. Visitors want a nice looking but functional website that they can easily browse. Your website must be simple but creative to attract more visitors.

For me, user friendly design is the most important element of a good website design. Your design must be interesting, unique, must clearly communicate your brand value and there must be a perfect blend of graphics and text.

There are many features to be considered to make a well optimized website. Here the main features that every website should have.

* Very eye catchy website URL(domain name) that should give a sense of your business.
* Good and easy navigation
* Appearance
* Social Media Integration
* Good Hosting
* Responsive Design
* Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
* Functionality
* Content

Here's the list of elements that you must take care of:
1. Your design must be interesting, unique and must clearly communicate your brand value.
2. Make sure the navigation on your website is user friendly.
3. There must be a perfect blend of graphics and text.
4. The color scheme that you use must be soothing to eyes and according to your target audience.
5. The font style and type must be planned keeping your target audience in mind.
6. Make sure your website loads fast
7. Avoid being too flashy, simple and creative designs are a big hit.
8. Your header is the first place which catches immediate attention, make sure it is designed well
9. Avoid using pop ups, which act as a source of disturbance.
10. Last but not the least make sure you have mobile optimized website ( either a mobile website or a responsive design ) to target your mobile users. No matter how impressive design you have but if its not optimized for tablets and mobiles there is no use.

• Eye friendly colors
  • Amazing Site Structure
  • Expressive Images
  • Chat support
  • Subscribing option
  • And More

Thanks for providing the useful information.

Back