Purchasing Domain Names: Namecheap or GoDaddy?

I do not have any personal experience in both GoDaddy or Namecheap..I usually register domain with the help of TuckTail.com where 24/7 support and other facilities like hosting,webdesign etc...

I have so far had no issues with godaddy. Their website is full of useful information and their online services are no better or worse than the others. Being a large brand i think it is safe to use godaddy, but if it just a domain without other services i think you can use either.

NameCheap is probably one of the better registrars out there. That being said... you cant beat some of the deals that other companies give at times... and if you're already using a different hosting server than your registrar, you're going to be changing your DNS settings anyways... might as well go where the best deal is imo.

Last edited:
Both are good for domains (I wont say the same for hosting service). I would recommend not to stay with one provider if you have more domains to book. As the offers goes on changing, always look out for the cheap and best at that particular point. The main things you need to consider before booking a domain name is that the renewal charges are fair and the support is good (may be 24x7).

Having used both of these services, NameCheap is the better option in my opinion. They're cheaper, offer WHOIS Guard for free for the first year (usually), have cheaper SSL certs, and their ethos is much better than GoDaddy's. GoDaddy's interface changes far too often and usually for the worse. Their domain purchasing process is OK, but their admin panel is strange and doesn't always make the most sense. Their hosting is ATROCIOUS and plagued with slow speeds and unreliability.

Besides GoDaddy offering sub-par service, the marketing they use is typically degrading towards women, and they not only supported the terribly infringing SOPA bill, but they basically helped write the thing. There's pretty much nothing good that I can say about GoDaddy.

Last edited:
I had some problems with both registrars, so I use them if I can not find a cheaper registrar here. And many "cheap" registrars give better service than these two

Surely GoDaddy as it’s reliable and also one of the oldest and most established registrar in this field and other big thing is the discount that we receive as currently for .Com domain we can have it at just price rate of 99 cents so that is beautiful especially when we consider that the original price is around 10-12 USD so by using “99WORD” voucher promo this will really reduce the rates.

GoDaddy is a good domain but it's more expensive than Namecheap.

I book domain on godaddy, it's service very good.

I think when we talk about the original price then you are right but with coupon codes GoDaddy is definitely cheaper not expensive. You can use this “99Word” this will make price go above your expectation and you will have your .Com domain at just 99 Cents and I am sure you won’t say this to be expensive.

Go Daddy can be a good choice, but of course it depends on your desired specs on what a certain company should provide depending on your choice.

Back