NFT in gameplay: what’s the purpose?

markdd

I've been following the rise of NFTs in games, and I can’t help but wonder what their real purpose is. I’ve seen some games using NFTs to let players own unique items or skins, but it’s still not clear if it’s all hype or if there's a true benefit for players. Recently, I tried a game where you could trade in-game NFTs, and it felt interesting, but I couldn’t tell if it added real value to the gameplay itself. What do you guys think? Are NFTs useful for players, or is this a trend to draw more attention?

Interesting question! I've also been exploring games with NFT elements, and the appeal for some players seems to be in owning something unique, especially if it's an item that can be carried across different games. I came across an NFT-based game development company that creates NFTs and game assets, and they seem to specialize in integrating these elements in ways that could make the experience more engaging. From what I’ve seen, it's also about giving players a sense of ownership that’s more flexible than typical in-game items. Have you tried looking into studios that specifically design games with these NFT systems in mind?

I’ve noticed NFTs popping up in games more often too, and it’s a new angle in the gaming world. I don’t have a strong opinion on whether they’re beneficial, but I can see how they might appeal to players who like collecting unique items or trading assets.

Back