Is blog commenting for SEO spam?

until and unless the content is valuable it is considered as spam. so it is good if we good with worth the comment.

Interesting and revelant blog comments are not spam. I don't think Google rates blog commenting very highly anymore. It's been abused. Guest posting on a blog carries more weight.

For some blogs yes for others not. Reason is clear you must choose quality blogs instead of Spam blogs. you should consider PR of a blog and DA of a blog too.

in fact, blog commenting is a good and one of the best link building strategy in off page techniques. So, until and unless the comments are useless they are not called as spam.

I don't think blog commenting is SEO spam, as long as your comment adds value to the discussion and to the topic. I run my own blog and I allow posts only when they are en-reaching the content of the topic. Is something that you should not over use, though

The problem is that a lot of sites are using no follow. Here is a good question and answer from seomoz about commenting for backlinks. It does say that it can be good but it can also hurt if not done right. I cannot remember where I was reading about the links from comments not holding as much weight anymore, but it may have been because many sites and forums use the no follow which provides no link juice.

Does Comment Backlinks carry any weight? | SEOmoz Q&A

I have seen seo moz discussion also but there are so many sites and blogs that provides do follow back links. If you are doing blog comment honestly and take part in discussion with proper knowledge and manner than blog comment is good other wise if you are doing blog comment only the purpose of getting back links and pasting your link in the comment also then its not good.

I have tried blog commenting for seo purposes and it is a nice way to add incoming links to your site. Just pick those sites related to your niche and say something that can add value to the site you are commenting .

Back