Is blog commenting for SEO spam?

No, Blog Commenting is not spam for SEO.
But if you post irrelevant or short comments such as 'Thanks for sharing post' etc. then webmaster will not approve your comments. Always post genuine & relevant comments to the blog.

As mentioned above by Victor Leigh, blog commenting is not considered spam as long as it's relevant to the topic on discussed on the blog. Without a doubt, running a ScrapeBox batch is definitely considered spam, and Google doesn't take lightly on that.

Blog commenting can be a great way of getting backlinks. However you need to ensure that you are posting high quality comments on relevant blogs with lots of anchor text variations. It is best to manually post comments on authority blogs within your niche so that there is a high chance of comment approval. Also it is not a good idea to use automated tools like Scrapebox while posting comments unless you are creating backlinks to tier 1 links pointing to your site.

Blog commenting can be a great way of getting backlinks. However you need to ensure that you are posting high quality comments on relevant blogs with lots of anchor text variations. It is best to manually post comments on authority blogs within your niche so that there is a high chance of comment approval. Also it is not a good idea to use automated tools like Scrapebox while posting comments unless you are creating backlinks to tier 1 links pointing to your site.
Actually comments are not a big factor for backlinks anymore. From what I understand the comments are barely noticed when it comes to backlinks. I can't remember where I was reading about that tho, but Google doesn't really consider them to be a good source of a backlink. That and many people have their commenting as no follow.

But commenting is not considered spam unless the webmaster marks it as spam. Also if it is not relevant to the blog post then it will look like spam to Google too if it does actually get posted.

Edit: I would be careful with too much anchor text or links. I know that I do not publish any comment that has a link in it (besides their website linked to their name.) If it has any other links I very rarely will allow it to go on any of my blogs unless I ask people to share something.

Last edited:
Actually comments are not a big factor for backlinks anymore. From what I understand the comments are barely noticed when it comes to backlinks. I can't remember where I was reading about that tho, but Google doesn't really consider them to be a good source of a backlink. That and many people have their commenting as no follow.

Can you provide a source for this information? As far as I know blog comments from high PR posts (not only sites) still help in ranking. Of course the post should have a low number of outbound links and the links should be dofollow.

Can you provide a source for this information? As far as I know blog comments from high PR posts (not only sites) still help in ranking. Of course the post should have a low number of outbound links and the links should be dofollow.
The problem is that a lot of sites are using no follow. Here is a good question and answer from seomoz about commenting for backlinks. It does say that it can be good but it can also hurt if not done right. I cannot remember where I was reading about the links from comments not holding as much weight anymore, but it may have been because many sites and forums use the no follow which provides no link juice.

Does Comment Backlinks carry any weight? | SEOmoz Q&A

The predicament is that many websites are utilizing absolutely no tag on. Listed here is a advantageous dilemma in addition to preparation via seomoz with reference to commenting with regard to inbound links. And also state in which it can be advantageous nevertheless moreover, it can hurt or else performed appropriate. We are unable to bear in mind where We has been reading through around the inbound links via reviews not really possessing as often weight any more, on the other hand it could have been mainly because quite a few websites in addition to discussion boards operate the enormously no follow which offers enormously no url fruit fruit juice.

I agree that blog commenting for seo purposes isn't spam especially is the content adds value. I don't think that blog commenting is really good for backlinks, but they are good for generating traffic.

It isn't really spam unless you make it that way. I still do a lot of blog comments on multiple sites that are in my niche and link them to my web 2.0 articles. It strengthens the authority of my web 2.0s and I don't have to worry about it hurting my money site.

No, blog commenting is not for spam. But it does not helps in increasing your web sites ranks or making back links. It does not have a result for making a web site popular.

It was a big thing for SEO but Google has already clamped down on it. I've done a bit of blog commenting, but I've always done relevant posts, so hopefully there will be no problem.

If done in the right way blog commenting can be one of the best methods for helping your SEO campaign, it isn't hard, just don't post on blogs that have nothing to do with your niche, don't use a spammy-type anchor text name, and don't post short generic comments. :)

I agree the blog commenting for seo purpose.No, blog commenting is not for spam. But it does not helps in increasing your web sites ranks or making back links. It does not have a result for making a web site popular.

No, blog commenting is not for SEO spam. Blog commenting is a good way to get backlinks from high page rank websites. Search the most popular blogs related to your website or blog and leave comments. If your blog comment is interesting and useful than it attracts visitor to your website.

Back