How to Make Money Using Amazon Affiliate Program

notsolome

How to Make Money Using Amazon Affiliate Program

Making money using Amazon affiliate program offers a prime earning opportunity with their affiliates program. Amazon offers a commission or a percentage of the item price, when a client buys an item through a referral. When working with Amazon affiliate programs, there are a few basic steps to follow.

Basic HTML Knowledge

If you are not already equipped with the skills there is need to learn some basic HTML. Even if the site is already set up, you will need to occasionally insert images, format tests and insert hyperlinks. There are numerous free online tutorials available. Alternately, you can pursue the cheap packages offered by most online tutors. Learning basic HTML helps keep the cost down and makes the whole process easier.

Topic Search

The make money using Amazon affiliate program you require quite a lot of product reviews and recommendations. To make the process easier, it is recommended that you pick a niche or topic that you are interested in. It is easier to review a category that falls within your hobbies, talents or preferences. The niche chosen should be wide enough to ensure flow of work while remaining narrow enough for distinctiveness.

Domain Name Selection and Hosting

The selected name should be topic specific, keyword rich, and unique. To make work easier for the potential clients, it should contain the main keyword to the product that you will review.
After the domain name selection, register it. Ensure that the host is reliable and possess the right management skills and tools. Most companies who offer the domain name registration also offer hosting services. Lastly, optimize the website for the program, by installing blog software, customizing the pages (easier when using Wordpress) and setting up the products categories.

How to Sign Up To Amazon Affiliate Program

Setting up as an Amazon affiliate is very easy, not mentioning free. Visit the Amazon site then click on the Join Associates link. Ensure that you have already completed your site set up process as the Amazon representatives review the applicant's site.
There are two links that you can use to make the whole set up easier. The first is the blog posting link. It is found in the blog software at the "bookmarklet'. Drag this link to the Links toolbar on your default browser. Alternatively, you can favorite the link. This allows you to easily access the link with one click, since you will be working with it often.
Alternatively, you can use the Amazon build a link feature. This is better since it allows you to build the link with the personal affiliate ID already included.

Building the First Amazon Affiliate Link

After signing up for the program, it is time to start serious work. Open the Amazon site then log in using your set affiliates ID. Locate the product that you want to review. At the top of the screen, there is the Site Stripe. This gray strip only appears when you are successfully logged. Use this strip to get your own personalized link to the product that you want to review.

Review Blog Made For Amzon Affiliate Products Promotion

At the blog posting link, write the product review, choose the appropriate niche under the categories section, and then publish it. It is recommended that you write several reviews before posting. This helps to accumulate content for your site. The last step to make money using Amazon affiliate program and usually the most important is the site promotion. The easiest way to do this is to liaise with bloggers posting on similar topics so that you can promote each other.

Alternately, you can join the numerous online forums and frequently post your links and join in the topic discussions.

These are lovely tips. I would love to make money with Amazon's affiliate program, but I unfortunately live in one of the states that isn't allowed by the program. :( Do you know of any good alternatives?

Hi,LindaKay
I think I can help you but not by suggesting you a affiliate program,but I will suggest you a online business,which will be more effective to make money online.As I am suggesting a online business because I am doing a online business which is based on reselling.I have started my online business a year ago by getting a reseller account from the site GoResellers.com .By using the account I am selling domain,Hosting,SEO and much more web based services to the customer by fixing my own price and getting the commission from the provider via pay pal account.

You can make some money through the Amazon Affiliate Program if you own a personal blog or other type of blog that focuses on a niche topic. Your articles on the blog should concentrate on the products that Amazon sells, such as Kindle reviews or about some kind of product that you are interested in. Make a hobby of it and make some cash on the side through the clicks generated. Don't expect too much but it can be decent lunch money.

Hello,
I would just like to share my experience and strategy with the Amazon Affiliate Program. I have spent the last 8 years trying different methods and failing miserably - earning $20.00 to $100.00 a month, and I see many other affiliates facing the same problem. The answer is very simple, in a single word: Numbers

Most affiliates do not have a perspective or the bigger picture of what is needed to accomplish an objective. As an example, imagine that you would aim to earn $6000.00 monthly, do you know what is needed to accomplish that ?

As a breakdown, to earn $6000.00 a month, and assuming your average sale commission is $5.00, you need to be selling 1200 products a month, or 40 products each and every day.
Now, how the Amazon Associate Program works is that X people visit your site, Y people redirects to Amazon.com, Z people from Y end up buying products.
In my experience, once Z people goes to Amazon.com, the conversion rate is around 5%.
so, if Y=40 products, you need to be sending over 800 people to Amazon.com each day, to cut that 40 sales a day.
Now, from my experience, 25% of targetted traffic that arrives on your site will end up clicking to Amazon.com. That means, 800x4 = 3200.00.
You need 3200 unique visitors arriving at your website each day, to cut 40 sales a day on Amazon.com to hit that $6000.00 monthly income.

Now, if it's really difficult getting 3200 unique visitors to your website a day, it would be easier opening 10 websites that gets 320 unique visitors a day each.
Following this strategy, I am earning over $7k monthly as an amazon associate.

Honestly, this strategy was not developed by me, I read it from a book, mZon Affiliate Book (mzonaffiliatebook.com if I recall), and I must say that the author has provided outstanding insights and strategies that really works. Some people is able to earn $10k or more while others struggle with just $50.00 .... It's always been the numbers in the end.

These are lovely tips. I would love to make money with Amazon's affiliate program, but I unfortunately live in one of the states that isn't allowed by the program. :( Do you know of any good alternatives?

Why lindakay? I think it is bad because foreigners can do with this program. I suggest you these: Clickbank, Jvzoo, Allipapa Affiliate...

What you do is great. I am currently deployed to make money online, I made an account with Facebook and Google dealer. It really is great, if you are interested we can talk more.
Thanks you!

There are many legitimate ways to make money online.You can earn through internet by writing blogs,articles,ad-sense, affiliate marketing and other such business.We have to plan on what business to start with,equip ourselves for it and then start the business.For eg, the current trend is everyone trying to open a website for their business so you can try doing web designing work...if you are interested you can try selling them the domain name,hosting and other such web services.There are many websites like Goresellers.com which offer you such web services and all you need is to sell those services wherein you will be paid on commission basis.

Your Instruction is really helpful for newbie like me want to make money using the affiliate program from Amazon.
I know there're so much things to learn if i want to earn my first money with affiliate.
Thanks so much for sharing

Back