How often do you use Wikipedia?

heraitel

Wikipedia might not be most reliable source of information but I use it daily.
Sometimes I just can't figure something out, then Wikipedia knows definately the answer! You also get information from the Wikipedia fact box quicker than from any encyclopedia. Another reason for using it daily is the fact that Wikipedia answers come up first in Google search.

What do you think about Wikipedia? How often do you use it?

You are right, it might not be reliable, but for most of the time, you can use the knowledge for your good.

When it comes to debating, particularly, it is very good to show off your knowledge! :)
In other ways, I think, it gives pretty interesting and amazing information about almost everything in our life!

How isn't it the most reliable source? lool
I think that everyone uses it to obtain informations for their school projects and so.
And don't tell me that it isn't the most reliable source just because 1 or 2 articles out of 10000 were edited by some idiot.

I use Wikipedia almost everyday when I need to be enlightened on a specific subject, of course it's not 100% accurate as everyone is able to edit the majority of the wiki pages, but with the information I can get the job done.

I use Wikipedia quite alot, maybe 4-5 times a week depending on what I'm doing. I remember in college I used to use it like the bible.

I use Wikipedia on a daily basis. I do double check any information though. Sometimes, the links lead me to the best information. I usually start with Wikipedia for most of my research projects.

I use it "too often". Usually when I Google something it'll be the first thing that comes up. The page is usually filled with tons and tons of information, so why not use it? Although you do have to remember it is community-run and you can't be assured all the information is true.

I honestly don't use it all that much. For information, I prefer to just watch documentaries online, unless they are just very specific questions. I do try to find a specialized area for my specific query whenever I can, not that I don't trust Wikipedia, but I just don't really like the arrangement or presentation of information there, I find it too compressed and therefore I get bored reading articles there.

seeing that I am a college student I use it alot just to get me in the right frame of mind to what it is that I should be looking for in a source.

I will go on Wikipedia on average about once per day for one reason or another. Whenever a new project was assigned in school I would consult Wikipedia for some light baackground info. Now I mainly use it to prove other Internet strangers wrong (just kidding). Anyway, on average I use it once per day because there are days where I will go on two or three times and other days where I won't go on at all.

A lot of people actually said that wikipedia isn't reliable since everyone that signed up in wiki can actually edit some information on it. Wikipedia is sort of an opensource thing because every can add information, pages to something in there. But this I think made this website reliable enough because the more people that add info on it, makes the information better.

I believe they only approve the information added by someone with a user account but this will be moderated as well.

Wikipedia might not be most reliable source of information but I use it daily.
Sometimes I just can't figure something out, then Wikipedia knows definately the answer! You also get information from the Wikipedia fact box quicker than from any encyclopedia. Another reason for using it daily is the fact that Wikipedia answers come up first in Google search.

What do you think about Wikipedia? How often do you use it?

I agree with you that Wikipedia may not be the most reliable source. However, I do enjoy using them. I would say that I use Wikipedia on the weekly basis. They are very useful and I always find whatever I need when I go there.

I used to Wiki all the time. I would use it for school projects, basic info, and almost anything! After I learned that anyone could edit most information on the site, I stopped using it. I do believe they fixed the problem, but I'm not sure.

It usually comes up first in the search results, so naturally everybody uses it (and tries to game it). I do think at this point, now that they've gotten basic articles written for them for free on just about everything, hopefully they can raise some cash to have important articles professionally written and then locked. (Or at least indicate which articles are professional and which are publicly generated.)

I use Wikipedia all the time. While I do always confirm any facts with other sources, due to the human-edited premise of Wikipedia, I like that you can find so many excellent sources by going down to the articles own bibliography. Often those are sources I wouldn't have found on my own and they're very often very authoritative.

I definitely use Wiki every day, but then I'm a writer who uses it for preliminary research all the time. Wiki is not always accurate, but it's great for getting basic information. Always be sure to check whatever information you find against two or three other sources as it is notoriously unreliable.

Back