Gmail Vs Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

whengetdone

Both Gmail and Hotmail are free services but both have many differences like the bandwidth they offer , security , the size of attachments they allow their users to attach while sending email. Can somebody tell me more details and tell me Gmail vs Hotmail differences in depth.

I think Gmail is much better than hotmail in all terms. I haven't tried hotmail in deep as I am completely satisfied with gmail service. I am also impressed with the new gmail inbox layout.

I agree with rashidckk. I think the layout and interface of Gmail is a lot better than Hotmail. Hotmail makes it hard to look at emails, there are occasional load times when I go to my inbox which is annoying. Gmail's compose button is placed conveniently, there are sections which makes it easier to see which emails you want to see, it's easier to send attachments, and overall, I prefer it more than Hotmail.

Hotmail used to be king but everyone soon realised that Gmail was much cleaner and spam free. Outlook (the new Hotmail) is pretty nice though and it appears MS has seen the light. I would be happy to use Outlook service but I'm all set up with Google.

I used to use Hotmail until it hacked by someone, then I couldn't log in for days. I use Gmail now, which is very good because it is easy to navigate and is very user-friendly. It offers encryption to protect the e-mail account against from being hacked.

I have found to be GMail more reliable. A lot of times I have trouble with Hotmail working well. But I sometimes do not like the layout of GMail. The way it saves "conversations" sometimes makes it hard to find emails I am looking to find.

The only stable email I would consider using is gmail. The only other option is my own personal email server. The other email providers have failed me in the past. Yahoo became laggy after their new design update. Hotmail is annoying with their account verifications which seemed to happen daily.

Gmail hands down, to be honest. Google has the luxury of offering way more storage and features, you can access your inbox through pretty much any protocol, and there's a search feature similar to google that's probably the best I've seen so far. Plus your inbox is merged with Drive, so 15 GBs of mail storage is pretty hard to beat.

If you're looking for an alternative, Outlook is also nice, although I prefer Gmail's interface.

I have found to be GMail more reliable. A lot of times I have trouble with Hotmail working well. But I sometimes do not like the layout of GMail. The way it saves "conversations" sometimes makes it hard to find emails I am looking to find.

True. I like Gmail because it's very stable. I do get confused with the whole 'conversation' layout because I often have a hard time finding the latest e-mails. I believe there's an option in which you get set it up so that it won't have the 'conversation' layout.

I honestly prefer the Outlook (Hotmail doesn't exist anymore), the layout is a whole lot nicer and they don't seem to be constantly asking for my information 24/7 like Gmail does.

I personally prefer Gmail. I like the added services like Google Drive, and since Google is already my homepage of choice it just seems like the beat option for me, but there's nothing wrong with Hotmail (though I do believe that it's called Outlook now).

Interesting, I could have sworn I had a Microsoft email account, but when I went to log into it, it says my name was available. I'm assuming Hotmail, Live, and Outlook.com email addresses are all the same these days since they are all run by Microsoft. I was just playing around with it a bit, and it reminded me of the layout of the Outlook desktop client. Not bad, but it seems kind of stuck in the past when compared with Gmail which I have become more accustomed to. My only gripe with Gmail is I hate composing messages in it. That new small window that opens up like a chat dialog box is annoying and too small.

Gmail has added more features to enhance the user's navigation and interface while Hotmail has become a distant second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back