Do you use WordPress Security Plugin?

jean

Do you use WordPress Security Plugin?

If so, which plugin or plugins do you use to enhance your WordPress sites? What is your experience on using these plugins. Are they really useful in also really stopping the hacking of websites as they say?

Thanks!

I have never used security plugin for wordpress as i never thought that wordpress can be so insecure that it would need this sort of plugins to enhance its security. Any ways i will definitely keep an eye on this and will see what additional features these software's or plugins can offer to make wordpress blog more secure and safe from hackers which keep on looking for vulnerabilities all the time by making hacking attempts.

WordPress is pretty secure by default, but it never hurts to add another layer of protection. But first of all, you want to be certain that your hosting service is secure enough! If it's not, switch over to a different one. Hostgator is a really great webhoster with powerful security. Now for WordPress security plug-ins, I use Better WP Security. It gives you a list of possible security breaches and will fix them for you upon your command. There's a built-in blacklisting system and firewall for spammers or possible hackers.

I don't currently, but I would perhaps if the site got large enough. The reason I avoid using them now is I don't want to slow down the site, and I am concerned about the plugins interfering with my customization's to the theme.

I have used User Activity Log Pro security WordPress plugin which is a powerful and strong monitor system to track your users and team activities.
It helps you about WordPress core updates, Posts & Pages updates, User activities, etc. which are done in admin side for any WordPress powered website.

All in one WP security is one of the best WordPress security plugins. It concerns all aspects of website security, such as user account, user login, database security, file system security, firewall, blacklist manager, spam prevention and scanner. I highly recommend you to install All in one WP security. But just in case, create regular backups for your websites. I am creating the schedued backups with WPvivid backup plugin and upload to remote storage. It allows you to recover everything in any emergancy.

Back