Disadvantages

If there are advantages, most likely there will be disadvantages. Despite the success of purchasing through online shopping stores, there are still some disadvantages that most people complain about. These include:

• Personally Check the Item – If you are one of those shoppers who want to touch, see, and test the product personally, at online shopping, you are not able to do so. Online stores are only showing product description and photos of the merchandise, which can be a disadvantage for many online shoppers.

• Diminished Instant Satisfaction – Unlike buying at retail stores, you are able to use the product instantly after you buy it, which can be satisfying. However, online shopping requires patience to wait for the item to arrive at your door step about 2 to 3 days or even longer depending on the location you've ordered it from.

Online shopping is continuously becoming more popular and improving every single day. Knowing the advantages of online shopping and its disadvantages is additional knowledge for a lot of online shoppers that are useful before shopping online.

Alright, they say online shopping comes free, right up to your doorstep, but does it? I have my doubts. Most online shopping websites are picture heavy, and you know what that means? It means consuming all the data in the world, quite literally. So all those people who have not subscribed to unlimited data or internet packages will incur heavy charges on their online shopping. Now those are sure to be much more than what will cover your travelling costs. Or maybe you’re in a mood to make your service provider richer. Great idea then. I wish I was your Internet Service Provider.

I think it is
The inability to physically inspect or try on the items being considered for purchase.
Losing the power to negotiate the price and payment terms that may exist in local stores.
Items ordered online are sometimes back-ordered, but shoppers may not find out until weeks later. This is particularly problematic when buying gifts.
Not always knowing if a site is a legitimate and safe to shop.
Restocking and shipping costs are often charged on returns.
Not having a person (or the same person) to talk to when dealing with a problem.
It is sometimes easier to get money refunded locally when the item purchased drops in price within the guaranteed price period.

Back