Desktops vs Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use desktop in my workplace but when I am at home I use my laptop. I prefer my laptop because it is portable and handy. With the emergence of notebooks, tablets and other handy gadgets in the marketplace, people are buying laptops over desktops.

It depends on the purpose of the usage.

I like to use my desktop for playing games as it's easily upgradable and better for playing games than a laptop, but hen it comes to other tasks, I prefer to sit on my couch and do my job on a laptop.

I personally prefer laptops, as I thinks some are just as capable as desktops (performance wise) with the added benefit that they are more mobile and allow you to do to take care of things while on the go. Laptops are also cheaper, so that's definetly a big plus. However, if you mostly only use the computer at home and rarely need a computer in between places, then I can see why a desktop would be the prefered choice.

Right now, I use a desktop. But I can't wait until I get an Alienware laptop. Then I would be on that all day. I really like how the keyboard and mousepad, as well as the speakers light up. You can even get a precise color and set a certain color for each component. Plus, you can make it flash different colors to the beat of music you're playing.

Desktop and Laptop both have Pros & Cons and its totally depends upon person to person that which he prefers most.
I prefer Desktop when at home and carry my laptop when on travel or go to client.

laptop and desktop both are batter because laptops carry to one place to another place in this sense laptop is batter then desktop but desktop lifetime is longer than laptops and also comparing to cost is much cheaper than laptops.

Appschopper

In my opinion it's depends on the user where to use it. I prefer to use desktop because for me its better to use for it durable, easy to upgrade, cheap parts when having repair. I don't really need it on the go but I also like to have a laptop. One of the reasons why I won't compromise buying a desktop than having a laptop because I felt that laptop wont really last long, for me the average lifespan of a laptop is only 3-4years. At first to second years, expect battery discharge a bit faster than when its brand new. Unlike desktop, you don't need to change battery and it will last long if you knew how to use it properly. In laptop you need to be extra careful in order to last long but not long enough than a desktop no matter how careful are you with it.

desktops and laptops use for same purpose but laptop portable but desktop is not. now everyone have laptop and they work easily anywhere which is very helpful.

I guess laptop for portability, desktop for everything else. I've never really used laptops I find them a bit frustrating and fiddely, you do have portability but you sacrifice too much productivity. If you're going to be sitting in one spot for long enough of a time to actually do something why wouldn't you just get a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back