Computer Slow After Installing PhotoShop

whengetdone

After installing Adobe photoshop the computer on which it is installed have became very slow to an extent that i am thinking of uninstalling adobe Photoshop from my computer . Before i uninstall i want to take suggestions that if there is any thing that can be done to make this slow computer faster.

I also need Photoshop and is there a way that the speed of my computer does not get affected while the photoshop is installed. This computer have 2GB of Ram and 500 GB hard disk and have a core i7 processor but still i am facing this slow computer issue after installing Photoshop. If you can tell me any steps to do to make my computer fast again like it was before installing Adobe Photo Shop.

From what I understand, computer reads everything inside the hard drive including the program files when it starts and the more you have in your drive the more it will have to read everything before referencing the usual files and programs that are to be opened in the RAM.

Maybe you have to Disable Startup Programs and add RAM to your computer to improve its performance. What is its specs?

Your computer slows down from installing Photoshop on it? Did you get a legit version? Only download Photoshop from Adobe's official website, don't trust others because they might be infected with malicious viruses that slow down your computer. I'd suggest you run a virus scan. Try this.

Are you having these slowdown problems even when Photoshop is not launched? Or is it only when you are actually using Photoshop or have it open? The reason I'm asking is the font tool in Photoshop can really slow down your computer temporarily when you first open it on a given project. It has something to do with it trying to render previews of all of the fonts. Alternately, you can turn this font preview off. The other thing is when installing Photoshop, you can do a custom installation and not install all the extras that come along with it and see if that helps. You might also want to consider upgrading your memory, that is rather low to be running something like Photoshop CS6.

I like to install any large programs on a drive separate from the drive my operating system is on. That tends to keep my computer running pretty smoothly even with multiple programs installed on it. You may also have to check and see if it is loading on start-up. If it is take it off there as you do not need it starting up every time you start your computer.

Before adding more RAM, see whether your drive had lots of vacant space on it. Also de-fragment your hard disk drive. Are you using more than 1 resources-hungry applications on your PC? Do you have sufficient RAM on your PC? Clean the registry, and so on. May be you need better graphic diver too. A freshly formatted drive (not the drive where your OS resides) can help in increasing the speed of Photoshop.

You can try lowering the amount of RAM used by Photoshop in its preferences. If you have a heavy version of Photoshop, this is a must. I know the earlier versions and the latest versions are the lightest ones, so you will probably be safer using those. Alternatively, you might also want to look into using Photoshop Portable it's specially made light to be used with smaller laptops like netbooks. Hope this helps, good luck!

Installing Adobe apps will start a bunch of background services and processes that you don't really need. Unless you're using Photoshop all the time, I suggest you open Msconfig and remove most of the Adobe-related processes that run on startup.

It could be a virus. Make sure that you downloaded the official version of Photoshop, because if it is a cracked version there is most likely a virus. However, if it is the official version, then other people with similar specs are probably having the same problem. Post on the forums there to see if you can find a solution.

I understand your problem, but these days even 2 Gb RAM is not enough as the number of Applications and games that are installed on average are very high. You can either consider increasing your ram, or increase your computer's Virtual Memory (this acts like a ram) from your hard disk space. Also try switching to classic theme in Windows and check for potential viruses in your system with reputed anti-virus programs.

may be your computer configurations is not matched the software requirements. in that condition either you have to enhanced the computer configurations or install low version of that software.

Back