Cheapest Way To Send Money To Philippines

hisslikesnake

Some body please guide me and tell the safest, reliable and most cheap way to send the money to Philippines. The person whom the money have to be remitted does not have a PayPal account and the amount is only few 100 dollars so it must be a cheap way because other wise most of the money will be deducted in form of remittance fee.

I have asked Western Union and Money gram but both seems pretty expensive so am looking for an inexpensive and cheap way to send dollars to Philippines.

You can send money to the Philippines using Ria money transfer online (riamoneytransfer.com). They have an ongoing promo where your first money transfer is free. You can send the money using your bank account, credit or debit card. You can deposit it directly to your receiver's bank account, or they can pick it up in cash. Hope this helps!

Try PayPal, they have an international service - PayPal International Money Transfer.

Follow the link I provided and find use calculator to help you find out your costs. Good Luck.

You and the recipient should have PayPal accounts but Recipients can withdraw money you send using one of the following options a credit, debit or prepaid card; local or US bank account.

Last edited:
I have come across this website QwartaPadala. The service fee that they charge is fixed at 4.67 USD or P200.00 regardless of the amount that you send. I recommended this to my uncle who is living in Australia. I needed P 10,000.00 for my school fees that time and according to him it cost him a total of 255.10 AUD. Service fee was already included in it (only 5.00AUD). the exchange rate offered was 1 AUD = 39.9948 PHP during that time. According to them the exchange rate that they offer changes daily and is much higher than that of the exchange rate in other banks and even far better than what WU offered. You can visit their website and creating is free. Try it out.

Thanks, I'll check out QwartaPadala. My fiance sent me money through his bank and I don't even want to think how much he paid as a transfer fee for that. I wonder though how long it takes to be received and how to receive the money though.

My mom used the Cebuana Lhuillier service but they've been awful with handing the money. We're regularly get our money from them before and we would have to mostly threaten to report them because they've been making excuses on why they can't give us the money and asking us to go to a bank instead.

Thanks, I'll check out QwartaPadala. My fiance sent me money through his bank and I don't even want to think how much he paid as a transfer fee for that. I wonder though how long it takes to be received and how to receive the money though.

My mom used the Cebuana Lhuillier service but they've been awful with handing the money. We're regularly get our money from them before and we would have to mostly threaten to report them because they've been making excuses on why they can't give us the money and asking us to go to a bank instead.

Your first transaction might take a while because it will undergo several validation...It is a precaution they take against money laundering according to how they explained it to me but it wasn't really that long my first transaction took about a day and a half but the rest takes only minutes and I received notifications thru text messages I was so happy with their response time.

Have you tried Western Union? That's the only method I use when I send money to someone who lives in a foreign country. You have to pay the handling fee, but it is nnot too bad because it is secure and you can keep track of whether or not the money has been sent.

Bitcoin is a software-based online payment system described by Satoshi Nakamoto[note 1] in 2008[4] and introduced as open-source software in 2009.[5] Payments are recorded in a public ledger using its own unit of account,[6] which is also called bitcoin.[note 2] Payments work peer-to-peer without a central repository or single administrator, which has led the US Treasury to call bitcoin a decentralized virtual currency.[9] Although its status as a currency is disputed, media reports often refer to bitcoin as a cryptocurrency or digital currency.[10]

Bitcoins are created as a reward for payment processing work in which users offer their computing power to verify and record payments into the public ledger. Called mining, individuals or companies engage in this activity in exchange for transaction fees and newly created bitcoins.[11] Besides mining, bitcoins can be obtained in exchange for fiat money, products, and services.[12] Users can send and receive bitcoins electronically for an optional transaction fee[13] using wallet software on a personal computer, mobile device, or a web application.

Back