Can anyone recommend simple to configure Shopping Cart for a small store?

IanD

I would like to start selling a few physical items online and am looking for free and simple to configure Shopping Cart software. I will be selling less than 25 items and am looking for software that is both free and simple to configure. It should also be simple to upgrade when new bug fixes are released.

Ian.

Few ecommerce website owner are suggesting the prestashop because they believe its one of the best that exists today. You should go for the reliable ones because it has the functionality that you would want no matter how small the store is. because it still involves money.

Some people suggest the wordpress though but still few people are not successful implementing wordpress as ecommerce due to the compatibility issues.

While I'm not really active in the eCommerce sector, try check out ThemeForest for some nice eCommerce themes for WordPress and other CMS optimized for eCommerce.

OOh, Prestashop looks interesting. I'm looking for some ecommerce software myself, one that can support multiple sellers preferably. I may give Presa a tryout.

I believe paypal makes it very simple to implement a store in your website. I haven't personally used their service but I know some not so tech savvy people that have used paypal to set up an online store themselves. There's some kind of fee for each transaction I'm sure, but paypal is a trusted and secure method to take payment. A lot of hosting/domain providers also offer some type of e-store implementation for additional costs or even free sometimes. As far as a shopping cart script, osCommerce and Zen Cart are very popular for online stores. I can't personally vouge for either but I've heard good stuff about Zen Cart from clients. Their website (of course they're biased, but..) puts it like this :
"Some shopping cart solutions seem to be complicated programming exercises instead of responding to users' needs, Zen Cart® puts the merchants and shoppers requirements first. Similarly, other shopping cart software programs are nearly impossible to install and use without an IT degree, Zen Cart® can be installed and set-up by anyone with the most basic web site building and computer skills."
Sounds promising to me :D

I have set up one or two sites that use Paypal, and generally the software is fairly easy to get going. For the ones I've done so far I've just had to add an payment email to Paypal and click a few options.

When it comes to eComerrce, its about money, and when money is involved your store should be secured. Its not only about your money, but your customer's too. I mean, their credit card info, personal and banking details, shipping and billing address, etc...

So, it should be a trusted software. I am not a seller myself, but I am helping many clients using this software. BigCommerce is the one I am referring to. Its not a free software, but its one of the best out there.

You can sign up for a free 15 day trial, and they will only bill you if you opt to continue. They have a wide list of features, and their source code is not public, that means hackers don't have access to their code, and hence can't find bug in their software.

Well,with only 25 items on the shop, the best would be Opencart. That is free of course. Though it doesnt have any support for blogging and adding on addtional pages, but then, you are planning only an e-commerce site... right?

Wait, many have mentioned prestashop above, which is good too, but then, when it comes to themes, there are not so many great looking themes around. I would definitely recommend you to consider Opencart.

But in case you need a blog attached (or included with your shop) you should consider wordpress as that too is free and does provide so many plugins for free (and many are commercial too).

We've been using Magento for 2 years now and I think it's excellent. It's free, has a nice mod/plugin community and has powerful features. The only issue is you need at least a VPS to run it without worrying that it will slow down. If you're looking for a hosted solution then give BigCommerce a go, really easy to use and you can cancel anytime.

I would check out WooCommerce, its FREE! Start by setting yourself up with a wordpress installation. It is very easy to get that up and running, then connect it to a payment gateway such as Paypal. Add your products and you are done, then it is time to watch the sales come in! To manage the day to day sales, I would download the WooCommerce iPhone App called WooView. It allows you to view and manage your sales on the go.

Few ecommerce site proprietor are recommending the prestashop on the grounds that they trust its one of the best that exists today. You ought to go for the dependable ones since it has the usefulness that you would need regardless of how little the store is. since regardless it includes cash.

A few individuals recommend the wordpress however yet at the same time few individuals are not fruitful executing wordpress as ecommerce because of the similarity issues.

Our high customized website has been designed to sit at the heart of your business, storing your order and product data safely within your company, while connecting with all your most important online systems.you can consult with our e-commerce professional in any ecommerce matter.

Back