Blogging on Weebly

wasi90lk

Weebly is a website, where you can create a free blog. I have created a blog on Weebly and I think it is a good platform. I rate Weebly higher than Blogspot.

I have never used Weely, but I know a few people who just love it. I think it's very user friendly. I've even heard that Weebly will host your domain for free. I have been meaning to check it out. I just haven't gotten around to it. I usually use WordPress, but it's resource hungry. I would love another option for my new projects. I wouldn't move any of my current websites.

You just can't rate Weebly higher than Blogspot. Firstly, Blogspot is a platform created by Google and therefore it will have higher relevance than Weebly. But weebly is a decent platform too.

You just can't rate Weebly higher than Blogspot. Firstly, Blogspot is a platform created by Google and therefore it will have higher relevance than Weebly. But weebly is a decent platform too.

I've not used Weebly and haven't used Blogger in many a year, but I'm fairly certain you can rate it however you want. It's personal choice in what you like more. I don't see how something that is created by Google has a 'higher relevance'. Relevant to what? Google? That's like saying that between planes and cars, planes are more relevant to flying.

I've not used Weebly and haven't used Blogger in many a year, but I'm fairly certain you can rate it however you want. It's personal choice in what you like more. I don't see how something that is created by Google has a 'higher relevance'. Relevant to what? Google? That's like saying that between planes and cars, planes are more relevant to flying.

I think the poster was saying that Google gives Blogger a higher preference because they own it. I do know a few people who use it Weebly and swear by it. Weebly if very user friendly because there is no need to understand any coding to put up a website. It's a drag and drop type of thing.

We started a free blog for my daughter on weebly. She is young and learning so for her it is very user friendly. I personally have never used it for myself, but not sure that I would compare it to Blogger. I think Blogger is the best free platform myself.

But Weebly does look like it is pretty decent and easy to use so that is great that you like it!

Weebly is good platform to blogging but I don't think so that it is better than blogspot because Blogspot powered by Google and it is more popular than weebly.

Rate Weebly higher than Blogspot? That's an intriguing conclusion. So what yardstick do you use to rate Weebly higher than Blogspot? Does Weebly have a more commanding presence than Blogspot? I think not. Would be good if you can share your reasons.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a case study. A side by side comparison using the same keywords. I think the perception is that Google would rank it's own property higher than others. The only way to really tell is to test and find out.

I think the perception is that Google would rank it's own property higher than others. The only way to really tell is to test and find out.

They don't: they're not allowed to, for one thing, and people would notice, for another. Google can't risk that kind of backlash.

I haven't tried Weebly but Blogspot/Blogger is the ugliest blogging platform I've seen in a long time: I've only ever seen one blog on there that was bearable to look at. It's also pretty archaic compared to most modern blogging platforms, with very little flexibility to do anything different. Give me self-hosted WordPress every time. :)

I have used Weebly before, and I would still recommend Blogger over Weebly. Weebly has a very nice interface, and very easy to customize. Their drag and drop feature is very user-friendly, so if you have any photos or videos, you can simply drag them from your desktop and plug them in. You can also pop in an URL and it will generate the photo/video. Blogger however is a little more complex, but their themes is what buys me. They have a lot of themes available, and you can easily install them with an HTML code, and edit it from there. It has more features than Weebly, but requires a little more work to optimize for your readers.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a case study. A side by side comparison using the same keywords. I think the perception is that Google would rank it's own property higher than others. The only way to really tell is to test and find out.

I dont know if this can help - I created two blogs much earlier in 2006-7 - one on Google's blogspot (now blogger) and another on wordpress and posted content relating to same keywords (though the content was different and those days we did not know much about spinning either). I posted links on my forum (which had around 400+ members those days).

After a 4 months span, I found that the Blogger's blog had a PR of 1, the WP had still n/a. The Blogger started showing up on the google's SERPs and the Analytics showed that the traffic came more via search engines, Nothing like this happened on WP.

Unfortunately, I fell ill, and the blogs and the forum went unattended. Even my Google Email that I had was compromized and I never got back to that account again. Though this part is irrelevant here, but, the above two paragraphs are enough for me to convince that Google does pay more attention to Blogger or Blogspot. And I think they are right in doing so - just because it is their Product and if they dont promote it better than others, who else would care!!!

I have not heard of it yet. Are you saying that it's like blogger whee you can create a free blog and start posting? I seems like a new platform to me. But why would someone use a platform which is unheard of for him/her instead of a good platform like WordPress? I will give it a go regardless :)

Posting on weebly is handy and you got one new option to share your content, it is web 2.0 site you can share videos, pictures and many other different things. Blogspot is also feasible, if you are a professional blogger you will use both because to share content lot many different platforms should be the best option. If you use it for personal use it is easy to. There are other different options such as tumblr the easiest to use mini blog site.

I have used Weebly before, and I would still recommend Blogger over Weebly. Weebly has a very nice interface, and very easy to customize. Their drag and drop feature is very user-friendly, so if you have any photos or videos, you can simply drag them from your desktop and plug them in. You can also pop in an URL and it will generate the photo/video. Blogger however is a little more complex, but their themes is what buys me. They have a lot of themes available, and you can easily install them with an HTML code, and edit it from there. It has more features than Weebly, but requires a little more work to optimize for your readers.

Thank you for delineating it. I am off to have a look at Weebly. Let's see what it has to offer.

Hi there are many blogging site weebly is a blogging site help of weebly you can create a our own blog. but blogging blogger and blog spot and Wordpress is top blogging site.

I use Weebly. I love it. I am not a coder but with Weebly I have been able to do anything I want with my site easy. I can also have someone else do code for me if I ever need it but so far I have successfully ran a web site a year now with decent growth and now it pays for it self with some extra profit using Weebly! The free version is limited. But I am a paid member so I can do all they offer and it's fantastic. When I started my sites I tried Wordpress, Blogspot, Blogger etc and none was as good as Weebly for my needs. I will stick with them.

Back