Are you happy with internet banking?

kai_uk

There are so many reports on hackers and snoopers that it makes me wonder how safe internet banking actually is. A username and password is all it takes to gain access to your accounts, this could be compromised by an intelligent virus or malware. Are you bothered by it or do you still do it anyway?

I have worries about the security of online banking. I read it is not safe to exchange personal and sensitive information with your bank on the internet. I wonder why hackers can still hack when banks are protected with the highest level of encryption for security of data transmitted.

Online banking is an electronic payment system that enables customers of a financial institution to conduct financial transactions on a website operated by the institution, such as a retail bank, virtual bank, credit union or building society. Online banking is also referred as Internet banking, e-banking, virtual banking and by other terms.

To access a financial institution's online banking facility, a customer with Internet access would need to register with the institution for the service, and set up some password (under various names) for customer verification. The password for online banking is normally not the same as for telephone banking. Financial institutions now routinely allocate customers numbers (also under various names), whether or not customers have indicated an intention to access their online banking facility. Customers' numbers are normally not the same as account numbers, because a number of customer accounts can be linked to the one customer number. The customer can link to the customer number any account which the customer controls, which may be cheque, savings, loan, credit card and other accounts. Customer numbers will also not be the same as any debit or credit card issued by the financial institution to the customer.

Yes!
It will help us a lot
But I have worries about the security of online banking.

Back