Advantages of Android over iPhone

John_graphix

Is it just me or are better apps developed more consistently for Android? iOs seems to get the bottom of the barrel. And I've been much more impressed, tbh, with the interfaces people have been developing for android phones too =\

Anyone else noticing that Android phones have a lot of advantages over iPhones?

The main advantage which i can see is that the Andriod apps are usually cheaper than the iPhone apps are and more over apple is very narrow minded company and want to control every thing . They want to make money of the people who purchase iPhones till the end of life of its devices. First they make money when you purchase their product and then whenever you purchase any thing from appstore they make huge commissions.

Other advantages of Android over iPhone i can think of is the pool of applications and more vibrant community of Android developers. Android is an operating system and will run on various devices while apple IOS just runs on their products which is sort of shame for Apple.

The only advantage I can think Android has over iOS is that the apps are usually cheaper but iOS as more advantages as well. iOS has exclusive games like FIFA 13 and their games are better quality sometimes.

Other advantages of Android over iPhone i can think of is the pool of applications and more vibrant community of Android developers. Android is an operating system and will run on various devices while apple IOS just runs on their products which is sort of shame for Apple.

I don't mean to skip over the other stuff you're saying but this is actually key, I think. An active and healthy development community doesn't just mean more and better apps, it means a faster rate of innovation in the app marketplace, which is crucial because apps themselves are still a technology in development, in both conceptual and technical terms. The sooner we see each next generation of high quality apps, the better.

They are different OS's, and different communities.
I prefer the Android community, never was into iphones and iOS anyway.

The main advantage which i can see is that the Andriod apps are usually cheaper than the iPhone apps are and more over apple is very narrow minded company and want to control every thing . They want to make money of the people who purchase iPhones till the end of life of its devices. First they make money when you purchase their product and then whenever you purchase any thing from appstore they make huge commissions.

Apple's marketing strategy is pretty solid in that their products will run specifically with other Apple products only. The quality of their products are top drawer which makes it very sellable thereby creating a market for their services...a market that is willing to pay for their services I might add. Android on the other hand is very generic...you don't need a specific brand to be able to use this operating system...therefore it is more accessible and cheap. This being the case, the developer crowd is more keen on creating new software and apps for Android.

Developing and using an Android app is much easier than for an iPhone. I have experience of both Android and iOS, I can attest that Android is much easier to use and can run on several devices. I have managed to automate several processes like lighting in my house by just using Android. I would recommend Android at any time.

hello, One of the most powerful Android apps is Tasker, the automation program that lets you turn your phone into a superphone. You can turn settings on and off for some applications by location, time of day.

Hi, Android phones are multiwindow and floating modes that are popular in Samsung and LG phones. Android's Ease-of-Use Advantage Over iPhone. Thanks:;)

Last edited:
1. Consistency and Ease of Use
Thanks to the simple interface and the popularity of iPod touches, which has the same interface, the iPhone feels very familiar to users. With Android, it’s easy to configure apps incorrectly, which often leads to the app not performing as well as it was intended to perform.
The iPhone ensures all apps and functions are performing the way Apple intended them to perform, which allows for a very simple user experience. Often, users consider this to be one of the iPhones best features.
2. Variety of Accessories and the Apple Store
While the Samsung S4 may have replaceable backs and batteries, as well as built-in inductive charging options, the iPhone still manages to have a greater variety of add-ons. For example, check out iHealthLabs, a company which makes wireless scales and activity monitors, blood pressure monitors, and even a wireless pulse oximeter!
3. Accessibility and Settings
Many users require special accessibility options, which are offered by the iPhone. There are many Low-vision users, as well as users with less accurate motor function. These people tend to love the iPhones wide variety of accessibility features.
4. Microsoft Office 365 Support
The version of Office for the iPhone is functionally identical to the version on Windows phone. Many Android users would love the ability to use Microsoft Office 365 on their device, however, it’s not available.
5. Less Unnecessary Features
Of course, the iPhone comes with its own fair share of useless features, such as the Newsstand icon that you’re unable to move to another folder. However, there’s no comparison to the ridiculous amount of features that aren’t able to be deleted on the Android phone.
6. Less Security Breaches
Android provides users with a lot more freedom than the iPhone does, but the freedom is costly. Malicious content has been known to access millions of Android phones, corrupting them and stealing important information from their owners. Many users have also found huge charges on their bill, following a virus attack on their phone.

Android definitely has a lot more advantages over iOS. Android is open source, there's more freedom, a much wider range and variety of apps - especially free apps. There seems to be hardly any free apps on iOS compared to Android. Android also seems to be much more versatile and of course, Android devices don't cost ridiculous prices for what they are. Once you go with Apple you get sucked into the Apple trap.

Is it just me or are better apps developed more consistently for Android? iOs seems to get the bottom of the barrel. And I've been much more impressed, tbh, with the interfaces people have been developing for android phones too =\

Anyone else noticing that Android phones have a lot of advantages over iPhones?

Android is a hell lot better platform that Apple, in almost every way. To start with you can choose from multiple brands of Phones if you choose Android, but iPhone is the only option and it too offers very limited number of models.

Basically Apple is a hell lot more costlier than Android (Phones) this restricts Apple only for the rich class (or Upper Middle Class). Android on the other hands has a wide range of Phones (from different makers) and hence can fit the hands of a CEO and his recent recruit perfectly.

Apps is another reason I mean look at the number of apps on Google Play Store, and compare it with iPhone its no match. Besides Android apps tend to be cheaper and great in number (more choice).

Back