Importing Blog From Joomla To Wordpress

Woo-Guru-IT

We have a blog section in our Joomla website but we are planning to convert whole of our website to word press now and the reason for this is that we have to use a plugin which is only available for wordpress and also we have found wordpress more user friendly than Joomla. Now we have to import our blog entries and postings with comments into our Wordpress blog and therefore i am asking the members of this forum for guidance if any body can point me in right direction.

Please tell me how can i achieve this task of transferring and importing blog from Joomla to Wordpress using a automatic method.

Hello!
In case you are going to move all your Joomla website to WordPres, cms2cms converter will suit you. THe migration is made automatedly via the connection bridge between sites. But notice this utility moves only website content but theme or extensions. However, it seems to me it's possible to convert sh404SEF plugin into WP SEO by Yoast. for more detailed info you may go here - cms2cms.com/supported-cms/joomla-to-wordpress-migration

I hope this tip will help you!

Migrating a website is always a hassle – more so if you’re switching from one CMS to another. Thankfully, WordPress keeps the process simple thanks to its Import function and the plugin system. Here are the steps you need to follow to migrate Joomla to WordPress without a hitch:

Get your domain and WordPress web hosting ready.
Install WordPress and the FG Joomla to WordPress plugin.
Locate your Joomla database parameters.
Use the Import tool to migrate your Joomla content to WordPress.

Back