How To Market Website Using Twitter Tips

mindsini

Looking for tips on how to market website using Twitter? These steps were followed by me and every time got very good results. Each time you market your website on Twitter, you will have to keep it under 140 characters. This is going to be hard but there are ways to go about it.

Follow these ground rules and watch your following on Twitter increase:

You first need to set up the domain name that speaks most about your businesses. If you already have an established brand, use it. Alternatively, use a significant product name, keyword or your own name as the account username on Twitter. Secondly ensure you customize your Twitter page. Add a couple of photos and related images in the background. This will spice some of your personality into your home page on Twitter.

Later on, you can use the following strategies on how to market website using Twitter:

1. Gather Followers

Twitter has millions of people. To get more followers, display your company Twitter username at the following places:

- Your Website

- Your business cards

- Your email signature

- In forum signatures

- In comments you post on other company's and people's blogs

- In such social media as Facebook

Use every opportunity you get to share your Twitter username and account. This will widen your influence because it will show you are interested in being followed and visited via Twitter.

You should also follow people you find in the forums and blogs you have previously visited. Use Twitter to search for users who ask questions that are related to your website's services and products. Comment on these posts, answer any questions raised and keep everything real. This requires effort and time so don't be disappointed if the results are not immediate.

2. Announce Offers

Use Twitter as one of the venues where you account game contests and prizes, sales, package deals and other offers. This is one of the best tips on how to market website using Twitter.

Once you have enough followers, you can start with ice breakers that will excite your followers and interest them in your products. For instance, you could offer give- away prizes to those who re- tweet your tweets. A single tweet can go a long way in marketing your website, products and services.

You should also set up moods for games which will hook followers to your official Twitter account. When you do this on a regular basis and look for feedback from the announcement of site sales and package deals.

3. Link Tweets with Your Website

You can also use tweets to post updates linking back to your website. The more the friends you make on Twitter, the more necessary it will be to market and advertise pages in your website.

However, you should take care not to crowd up Tweets using links. This is because some of your followers will think you are spamming that Twitter account. When you place the links, ensure you do it moderately.

4. Monitor Your Followers

You should also use your Twitter account to catch up with anyone talking about your website and brand or about products that are somewhat related to yours. Make follow- up comments that promote your brand. Once you learn how to market website using Twitter, you should notice an increase in your sales.

Pretty good post, Thank you for posting it. I really think twitter is a good resource, just need to know how to use it :)

Great post! I'd like to add one thing that I think that is very important, which is to use hash tags. Twitter was probably the one who invented these and now they are being used by almost all social bookmarking and social networking sites and they are a godsend, not only as the one sending out the message but for those who are looking for content as well. I find things a lot easier there when I use the tags and also whenever I tweet I always include one or two. Just remember to use only a few, though, and do not overuse it, because Twitter's community doesn't take too kindly to those and probably they consider it as just shilling or spamming so you will probably be ignored if they feel like you are only there to sell.

I was surprised when I first started using Twitter to market my site at how many people search hashtags and how much traffic I received from Twitter. It wasn't as much as Facebook but still Twitter is definitely a good place to start sending some traffic to your site. The biggest thing you can do that your followers love is to just engage them and answer any questions they have on there. It makes people feel special and more than likely the will visit your site more often

Great tips! I tend to brush Twitter aside all too often. It is one that I should focus more on, but yet it is usually the last one for me to work on. I have been noticing tho that on days I login to Twitter, I get a couple new followers. I am not active enough there in my opinion, but it is like I get rewarded for logging in.

One thing I would like to do is to start tweeting various things throughout the day, not just my blog posts. At the moment all my tweets usually have a link to them.

Actually social media is a source of marketing, you can use twitter to promote your business with it. Doing daily tweet is really beneficial for it.

Back