How Digg Promotes Websites

Johnfraser

We never used Digg to promote any of our websites but now we are going to give it a go. Can any body guide us how should we start and what should be the first step. Only thing i currently know about digg is that one must submit the URLs but then what different it would make if millions of people just submitted their sites and my site be just one of them. Would any body care about this site. What unique steps should we take to be influential on Digg community so that if we submit the websites thousand of people visits that website.

The best policy to promote web sites through social bookmarking websites is just not to rely just on one of them like digg.

You have to create good content, weather that be news, contest or simply something funny. Never send digg or any reddit type of site a sales page, you'll be down voted and no one will buy anything.

These types of sites value content above all and is really hard to make something that is going to stick around on those sites but once you do share or create something of value the payoff is huge, bigger than any advertising gig can offer.

And besides just reading what these sites have to offer is an experience also, I can honestly say that I have never been more informed in my entire left than since I began reading the social bookmarking sites.

If you're trying "black hat" methods, avoid places like Reddit and Digg. The users are too smart. They'll informally blacklist you and you'll get downvoted to oblivion. It's a waste of time.

To be effective in any kind of social media you need to
have good numbers of followers. Similar is the case with
the digg or reddit.

Build your followers, be active in other people's stories,
add comments, like it, share it and you will get the
same thing in return.

If you have budget than I would prefer to hire some social
media expert to handle your this job.

This is time taking thing and you need to be active on it.

We never used Digg to promote any of our websites but now we are going to give it a go. Can any body guide us how should we start and what should be the first step. Only thing i currently know about digg is that one must submit the URLs but then what different it would make if millions of people just submitted their sites and my site be just one of them. Would any body care about this site. What unique steps should we take to be influential on Digg community so that if we submit the websites thousand of people visits that website.

How about reddit and stumbleupon?

Digg is a social news site that can help users find blog posts and web pages of interest as well as promote pages and blog posts they like.

These types of sites value content above all and is really hard to make something that is going to stick around on those sites but once you do share or create something of value the payoff is huge, bigger than any advertising gig can offer.

And besides just reading what these sites have to offer is an experience also, I can honestly say that I have never been more informed in my entire left than since I began reading the social bookmarking sites.

Back