Forum For Joomla Website

Lin-Web-Master

One of our client needs us to install a forum software for their existing website which is running Joomla Content Management System. This is a extremely busy website and have also some other Joomla addons already installed on top of plain Joomla installation. Now we have to give them a suggestion that whether they must do and the options are whether thy must go for Joomla Forum Plugin or used a third party Forum Software like SMF or vBulletin.
This decision is very difficult because the Joomla plugin for forums may or may not have enough functionality which they may be looking for but its very easy to integrate in already running joomla website and we would not need a separate database for it. On the other hand if we use 3rd party Forum software we would have to make a separate database and the integration would not be as easy and more over we would have to make a customized theme for that forum too which must look like our joomla website. Experts please give us some good suggestions on this issue.

It is the compromise you have to make and you are right in saying that the platforms specifically made for forums are better in handling the forums. Joomla forum is also stable and a good option but off course it would not have enough plugins and enough functionality as far as forum is concerned.

I have no idea a bout Joomla. I have instaled it many times and i ended up letting go cos i could not do anything with it. I even installed a new theme but it didn't show. anyone with an idea on how to make that stuff work?

I have little bit idea a bout Joomla. I have instaled it many times and do somethink with it. I even installed a new theme but it didn't show. anyone with an idea on how to make that stuff work?

I have little bit idea a bout Joomla. I have instaled it many times and do somethink with it. I even installed a new theme but it didn't show. anyone with an idea on how to make that stuff work?

Which version have you installed and is your template the correct version. If you want me to look I own a lot of websites using Joomla 2.5 and 3+ send me the URL vis PM. Both sites in my sig are Joomla

Back