Do you buy content for your website?

hclpd

buying content is a double-edged sword for any blogger. On one hand you get some best content for your own blog which keeps your blog going, but on the other hand, you risk losing the originality of your blog. It's not personal to you anymore.

So, how do you cope with these problems? Have you ever bought content for your blog?

I don't believe posting stuff that isn't written by you will hurt your blog as long as the content is on topic. I don't buy content, but I do publish my fair share of guest posts from MyBlogGuest and PostJoint (PostJoint actually have writers who will PAY you to publish their work).

I do not buy content for my website mostly because I like doing everything myself. If there's one mistake that someone made, I have to redo everything since I'm a perfectionist. I don't like outsourcing, and if I hire a writer, they have a completely different writing style compared to me. It may be better, or it may be worse, but I don't want to risk a few daily visitors with the writing style.

Even though blogging has become very popular it is not that easy to buy good content for your site. Perhaps this what a developed market means sometimes.

Also, I agree with the comment that it is not personal when you put somebody's else content. However, you can always have set strict rules for quests.

No, I don't buy content. However, I do use content created by other people. I have installed the Guardian News Service plugin and I can re-publish any article I want from their list, and their list is very extensive. So what's the effect? Well, I used their articles exclusively during the time of Margaret Thatcher's funeral and my daily unique visitors was in the range of 300-500 with about 3-4K pageviews. Not bad, considering that I don't have to pay a single cent for the content. It's all legal, too.

I would try and network with people who know the industry very well and can speak to the topic of my site with authority and commission them to write a series of articles for it. You can tell when someone just hired a general "writer" to churn out content for a site, as it is often very generic and only demonstrates a very basic level of understanding of the subject matter.

I sourced out some material as an experiment but found I needed to concentrate on particulars myself because I fit in images, videos and some text links. I know I could copy and paste the rewritten article and still add things but I have more control on specific grammar and how I want to reach a visitor when I prepare content myself.

It's gets very hectic with 14 sites and two in the planning stage but my results have been good as my sites have grown over the long-term. I stick in niches I'm very familiar with and don't worry about competition.

In some instances I've become the competition but you need to stay ahead of the content curve and keep it fresh and up-to-date.

So far I've not done anything of such. But, that's because I presently run a forum and a personal blog. However, if I move to start a more commercial blog, I'm definitely going to outsource writing. But, to people who have knowledge in the niche alone.

IMHO, I think outsourcing is inevitable if you are running a very popular blog which you must update more than twice everyday.

So far I've not done anything of such. But, that's because I presently run a forum and a personal blog. However, if I move to start a more commercial blog, I'm definitely going to outsource writing. But, to people who have knowledge in the niche alone.

IMHO, I think outsourcing is inevitable if you are running a very popular blog which you must update more than twice everyday.

I have toyed with the idea of outsourcing, with 16 niche sites it's difficult to keep up and stay organized. The problem is some affiliates have dropped earnings and eBay's EPN keeps changing the playing field so working capital can be short.

However, if I keep building more niche sites, you're correct, the writing is on the wall and it is inevitable. It's a matter of cost vs. available capital for the amount of writing I require.

It is cheaper to outsource for your blog content, when you get the job done, simply edit it to suit whatever you wanted it to say. In addition, buying blog content saves you time to create most of the content. But once in a while write your own content.

I started writing the content of my blog myself. I am aware of course, that we can copy paste articles of same niche for as long as the author's name is also displayed. I am planning to do just that as i have a day job and has little time to update my blogs. I don't have plans yet of buying contents from others to keep the cost of creating my blog to a minimum.

buying content is a double-edged sword for any blogger. On one hand you get some best content for your own blog which keeps your blog going, but on the other hand, you risk losing the originality of your blog. It's not personal to you anymore.
what is the problem? anyway it is not personal, you started it for interaction. you you want it to be personal, there wasn't any necessity to create it

I have some friends who writes blogs. he had mentioned me about buying content. but buying so makes his blogs not a part of himself.. he writes only by himself, and has a special feeling of keeping his blogs by himself and posting his own content. I also know one Digital Marketing Agency Singapore who provides content to bloggers, and by telling that to him, was the reason he told me about his personal attachment to his blogs. people like him are strictly against buying contents, as they makes the blog more artificial to them.

Back