Would you quit your office job for online income?

kai_uk

Working a regular office job means the chore of waking up early, sitting at your desk 9-5, and dealing with other people you may or may not get on with - including your boss. Fortunately, you have alternative income via your website. At which point would you consider leaving your day job for online income?

I prefer the security of my day job as i want to retire with my monthly pensions. As a part-time job, online income from freelance writing is the best alternative and add on source for additional income.

I used to work on oil rigs/diamond drills making decent money, usually between $10k-$14k/month. but within a year of starting affiliate marketing i quit and haven't been back to a camp since. and i'm pretty close to replacing that income entirely. so it's definitely plausible.

I would.

I quite working in an office t olook after my father and after a bit I decided to do something online to see if I could make some money. I hated working for a number of reasons, but the main ones are below:

- Hated working FOR somebody
- Hated the jobs I got (some days I would try and get myself run over so I wouldn't have to go in)
- Hated rush hour traffic (how people deal with this every single day is beyond me!)

Working online for yourself is much harder than a traditional offline job, but if you are prepared to put the effort in then it is well worth it.

Working online does take a surprising amount of effort, it's not as easy as just sitting in front of the computer at home and make money just like that. The problem of course is that is has no security and as one poster says there are no pension contributions. If you can make enough then some could be added to a private pension fund, but that depends on how long your income will last (same goes for a job i suppose)

Back