Wordpress Upgrade to Current Version

taobao

When ever i log in to my Wordpress as an admin it is giving me a message that a new version of wordpress is available. There is also a button which says press to upgrade. I have done some customizations in my wordpress and my worries are that would all the changes lost after i upgrade the wordpress to latest and current version. Do i have to do all the changes again manually after this upgrade. If this is the case then how can this procedure be smooth and a better way i can upgrade my wordpress without losing my entire effort.
The second part of the question is that what is the latest version of Wordpress and how often must the wordpress be upgraded to keep it safe.

I would only like to share one thing with you and that is what ever you do always take a back of all WordPress installation and database before it. It does not harm you to experiment as long as you can return to the point where you started in case of disaster.

The Wordpress update only upgrades the core files, and you should not have edited them. Any editing you have done would probably be on a theme or plugin, and these are not included as part of a WP update so go ahead and do it.

Always backup before though: Snapshot Backup is a free plugin.

There are plenty of free Wordpress plugins for backing up your entire site and database. You should install one of these and run a backup first, so if your plugins don't play well you can always downgrade back to an earlier version.

Make a backup of your wordpress install BEFORE upgrading and you'll never be sorry. Most of the time the auto-upgrade feature works flawlessly but for the occasional time it doesn't the backup can save you lots of headaches.

Also, it's a good idea to turn off plugins when upgrading wordpress. If a plugin is not compatible you won't be able to turn it back on but if you left it on the install may not work properly afterwards.

I always run a full backup using cPanel before updating WordPress. You never know what might happen that could destroy your entire website and you would have to rebuild it from scratch. I actually had this happening to me once, and I have learned my lesson.

When ever i log in to my Wordpress as an admin it is giving me a message that a new version of wordpress is available. There is also a button which says press to upgrade. I have done some customizations in my wordpress and my worries are that would all the changes lost after i upgrade the wordpress to latest and current version. Do i have to do all the changes again manually after this upgrade. If this is the case then how can this procedure be smooth and a better way i can upgrade my wordpress without losing my entire effort.
The second part of the question is that what is the latest version of Wordpress and how often must the wordpress be upgraded to keep it safe.

There are plugins available for taking complete backup of your site, plugins, database, etc. Install one of those plugins and take backup before you upgrade your WordPress to the latest version. It will help you take a regular backup of your important WordPress site, and also remove any fears about losing your important data and content during any upgrade process.

HTH!

We know that WordPress has been a top platform to have a self-hosted a mobile ready website. It is the most powerful blogging platform and CMS (Content Management system). The best thing is - it can be fully customized from thousands of different themes and plugins. WordPress is certified million of people to start their own sites and business online. It is the most trustable platform.

Since 2003 it has made may update, but soon we are going to see WordPress 5.0 updates.
The biggest change is the integration of the Gutenberg technology, which will no longer require code.

In the meantime, here are a few ways you can prepare or the updates before it becomes official.

Test out the WordPress 5.0 Plugin.
Download and install the classic editor.
Create a test only or staging website.
Keep up to date with plugins.
Perform frequent backups.
Use a well-supported theme.
Download the Gutenberg handbook.

Back