WordPress SEO

Kina

In your opinion is WordPress SEO friendly out of the box or do you make certain tweeks to the code or even install plugins to help with SEO. If you do either of these things please explain how you made your WordPress installation more SEO friendly. Are certian themes better for SEO than others, or are they all about the same?

I currently use Yoast SEO plugin. It has a great deal of features, but it is really the only one I have tried.

Last edited:
Yoast SEO Plugin vs All in One SEO Pack

Yoast SEO plugin is very good although there are many more plugins for Making Wordpress SEO friendly. One of the plugin which is a must for every wordpress blog is All in One SEO Pack. This plugin offers many tweaks and many different setting to make the wordpress website very SEO friendly. All in one SEO pack have many options like dealing with the duplicate content issue with in a website . Duplicate content avoidance by making categories no-index and many other options.

It is how ever suggested that some times one plugin creates problems with other problems so decide and compare first pros and cons and decide whether you need Yoast Wordpress plugin or All in One Seo Pack and only install one of them at a time in order to avoid problems.

I wonder how resource intense SEO Pack is though compared to Yoast. I will surely try it out because I like to experiment, but SEO is not a true science so it will be hard for me to decide which one is better. I will have to let the plug in tell me!

I think Yoast is one of the best SEO plug in for Wordpress sites. It provide support canonical SSL support & custom Breadcrumbs and with the help of this Plug in can edit Robots.txt & .htaccess files.

SEO plugins don't do anything you can't do yourself, as far as I've seen, though they definitely make the whole process lazier! AIO SEO, for example, will just make sure meta is built based on your content, that the page title is set correctly and so on (the majority of which WP does anyway, assuming you have a decent theme).

I guess I'm a non-believer in many ways, as I don't use any SEO plugins. I don't honestly believe that the tiny advantages of breadcrumbs and a meta tag or two can possibly outweigh quality content adn an engaged audience. Of course, SEO experts will undoubtedly say differently... but that's why they're experts and get paid to do all that annoying under-the-bonnet stuff!

All In One SEO is a very good plugin to aide your SEO. Platinum SEO is equally as good in my opinion and they are almost identical in terms of ease of use. Two very good plugins. I have never tried the Yoast plugin but I know it comes highly recommended from those that have. If I understand correctly it does everything and more compared to the other two but is a little more complicated to use.

A plugin I would also recommend to use is Easy WP SEO. This plugin will tell you per article your keyword density, meta tags, links in article, overall SEO score, etc. Think of it as an extremely easy to use checklist integrated into every post. It works great!

There are for sure themes that are better with SEO since it has its own seo builtin plugin like the heatmap wordpress theme. I have been using it for almost 3 years and my site seem to rank high on searches. There are few that also claim to be better, they are sure worth a try.

WordPress is SEO friendly out of the box. SEO plug-ins are not necessary, but they do make things easier. Anything that's done by a plug-in can be done manually.

I think it's best to limit the amount of WordPress plug-ins. Plug-ins eat up resources and open up your site to security breaches.

A plugin I would also recommend to use is Easy WP SEO. This plugin will tell you per article your keyword density, meta tags, links in article, overall SEO score, etc. Think of it as an extremely easy to use checklist integrated into every post. It works great!

Have you got a link for that one? It's not listed in the WP site (at least not with that name).

Back