Windows phone problems

sweetcorn

Windows phone are good and are these days known to be equal to smart phones and Androids . But there is one major problem that creates alot of difference and the basic reason why people are avoiding these phones. The problem is that there all very less apps on the store . Why is this problem present in the windows phone?

Yes, that's the major problem for windows phones. I think a strong user base will encourage more developers to create apps for Windows Phone. Microsoft should consider this case seriously and should add more apps to the market place urgently.

Microsoft are too late to establish themselves and are playing catchup to both apple and google. Apple has a market already at the upper end of the market, and android which is equally good has taken most of the other share as it's product is as good as IOS but is available almost for free (certainly cheaper than the alternatives). Microsoft should have captured the business market but hasn't actually captured any.

Some of the things Microsoft has going for it though with Windows Phone is that they have much more control over it. The Windows Phone devices that come out have to meet Microsofts criteria - they have a lock down on many aspects of their mobile OS much like Apple does. As a result, the user experience across devices is much more consistent and you don't have to worry about getting stuck with some clunky skinned version of Android that never gets updated. That alone has kind of attracted me to possibly getting a Windows phone next. If they put out a really stellar device then I would consider jumping OSes.

Some of the big downsides for me are the lack of Google Maps & Navigation, which I use a lot. In addition, there isn't an official Facebook app for it, though supposedly there is a Microsoft version that interfaces with Facebook.

The fact that there are less apps available means that the platform is not considered equal.

I don't know why so many developers overlook Windows Phone, maybe it is harder to code for?

I think you need to move to iOS or Android, there are lots of things that creates a difference between Windows and iOS or Android.

Back