Windows 8

Prowesszy

So I'm curious on whether to upgrade from Win7 to Win8.

I've been hearing some bad reviews about Win8, which is not a surprise to me. I'm still a fan of using XP, although Win7 is decent as a replacement.

Any feedback from those who bought Win8 would be appreciated!

Windows 8 is a tremendous improvement on Windows XP and even on Windows 7. Booting goes within a few seconds with my Solid State Drive, performance and management is way easier, security also has been risen a notch. You won't regret upgrading to Windows 8, especially Windows XP has a lot of security holes nowadays.

It usually takes me a year or so to update to the most recent OS. I was wandering around with vista while all my friends already had 7. Same thing went it went from XP to vista, but I regreted it so much because XP was the big deal (still is :D). And just when I was getting used to vista, 7 came up. Not that much of a difference between vista and 7 in my opinion. I'll check about 8.

Stay with Windows 7, it's better. I won't ever upgrade to Windows 8 or buy a Windows 8 computer. I really dislike all the touchscreen stuff on the computer. My computer is not a smartphone.

Unless you have a specific reason to upgrade don't do it.
In my opinion it offers nothing groundbreaking.

Only thing is if you want a laptop with a touchscreen (a dumb idea IMO) then go ahead.

Win 8 tried to be too many things and ended up failing.

Believe it or not but I still haven’t tried windows 8 yet. I always get far behind when it comes to operative systems. And another crazy thing, my laptop still has Windows Vista up and running! I don’t find useful to update my OS, mostly because I never find the differences (except the layout of course) regardless of the use I give to the pc. I don’t know if it’s very common but is it just me to have this opinion or does anyone share it with me?

I don't like windows 8 .If i were you i will wait for some time so that the windows 8 will become more stable and optimized.

I'll wait for Windows 9 because I'm not the early adopter type. Usually it's with the second or third one of the new technology that things actually get rolling well enough to cause praise. However, I haven't really tried it for myself though, so I can't really judge it properly. Frankly I am not really all that curious anyway, will just have to wait to try it when I buy my next laptop and it comes with Windows 8. Otherwise, I'm not paying for another OS just for a minor upgrade.

As someone said already, if you are okay with W7, and are thinking of using this on a PC, then don't bother. I loaded it on my laptop to try it out, and as I didn't ever really use the 'Metro' interface, I ended up with, essentially, Windows 7 without the start button and task bar, which makes things really crap.

Windows 8 and Windows 7 are far better than Windows XP. I agree that Windows Vista is a disaster. If you have touch screen laptop then I recommend you to updgrade. Otherwise it is better to stick with Windows 7. In my opinion Windows 8 is not suitable for desktop and normal laptop.

I don't know if it is better than Windows 7 but it certainly runs on a lot less resources than previous versions have. I don't have a touch screen monitor and it still works fine for me.

one feature of window 8 is window 8 is very fast for working, not loading.

but bad thing is program link is not shown on start button.

or designing is also nice

As someone said already, if you are okay with W7, and are thinking of using this on a PC, then don't bother. I loaded it on my laptop to try it out, and as I didn't ever really use the 'Metro' interface, I ended up with, essentially, Windows 7 without the start button and task bar, which makes things really crap.

No, you didn't. What you got was Windows 8 which is actually a totally different idea from Windows 7. If you are used to Windows 7 and you are the kind who would rather use things you are familiar with, then you should just simply stick to Windows 7. Leave Windows 8 to other people who wants to try something new. You are not forced to install Windows 8 so that you can complain how bad it is compared to your beloved Windows 7.

Back