Windows 8 Version

skoolpi

I have not yet moved to Windows 8 and currently using 7 till now. Please guide me if i should upgrade to Windows 8 and if yes which version should i go with. I have heard that like the previous versions of Windows there are also multiple versions of windows 8 and each of them have different price tag and some versions have more options than the other versions of Windows 8.

Any suggestions Please?

I used Windows 8 when I was helping setup my cousin's new computer. I felt like I was using my cell phone instead of a computer. I know you can shell to a windows screen, but it just wasn't the same. I felt it really needed a touch screen to make it better than Windows 7. A positive is that it has an app store so you can download a bunch of free and paid games and stuff. I won't upgrade to Windows 8 or will do a dual boot if I do. Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.
Have a Great Day

Windows 8 is designed to adapt to either laptops, desktops and tablets.
The new Surface laptop would be a perfect example for it.
Anyway, it takes some time to adapt, but it's just as good as W7, but with all the new features.
So i'd say to get W8 pro, always the best option.

I haven't upgraded my laptop to Windows 8 but I my little brother has Windows 8 and it looks really nice. I actually used Internet explorer for the first time in years when I used his PC. It looks like a good improvement from Windows 7.

I haven't upgraded my laptop to Windows 8 but I my little brother has Windows 8 and it looks really nice. I actually used Internet explorer for the first time in years when I used his PC. It looks like a good improvement from Windows 7.

Yeah I noticed that too, but it's designed to be used in a tablet.
So I still decided to install firefox again, can't get rid of good old foxy ^^

Windows 8 Version Comparison

I think the reason he asked the question was that he wanted a comparison between different versions of Windows 8 available for purchase.

I come to you from Windows 7 after having bad experiences with Windows 8. I was trying Windows 8 on my laptop but it really seemed to be straining and it's not that old. Maybe two years old. What was happening was that my laptop was getting hot and the cpu fan would run all th time. So here I am back on version 7. I'm not that upset, I sort of missed my start button. :)

Back