Windows 8 Security Features

I am planning to switch to Windows 8 because i want to keep up to date with the technology world but i am not sure why i should be upgrading to windows 8 as i do not find any reason to do this. Currently i am on windows 7 and m happy with it. Please tell me if there are any new security features that have been added if i upgrade to windows. I want to protect all my files even if some body removes my hard disk and tries to read and copy data is there a security feature in Windows 8 that can provide me with the option to password protect my files.

I know there are some third party software out there which provide me with the option to secure the files but i want to know if Windows 8 does provide this feature. ?

We now have Windows 8.1 that has most of the Windows 8 bugs fixed so be sure that you can get all the necessary security features that you want. For me, I have already upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I am really enjoying it. Windows 8.1 offers many features that the original Windows 8 did not have. Just upgrade to enjoy them.

The Windows OS has never been known for its security features. Microsoft hopes to change that with Windows 8.

When it comes to platform security, Microsoft is still trying to earn back the trust it so badly lost during the Windows XP era. At its worst, an unpatched Windows XP machine connected to the Internet could become infected by malware in an average time of four minutes.

Subsequent Windows releases have certainly improved on this rock-bottom situation. Windows Vista saw infection rates drop by about half compared to XP. And with Windows 7, infections dropped on average by half again compared to Vista.

Without a doubt, Windows security has been improving. But Windows still possesses the lion's share of the desktop OS market – particularly in the enterprise – and as such still remains a favored target of malware distributors.

The newly released Windows 8 features major interface changes, which have drawn the bulk of attention. But the differences between Windows 7 and 8 aren't only on the surface. A short list of new security features promise to significantly decrease the Windows 8 infection rate, even as compared to the improvements seen in Windows 7.

Back