Will wireless replace a cabled network?

kai_uk

In the business world most office computers are connected via cables with a wireless network acting as a supplement. However, do you think this will change and eventually the wireless network will replace a cabled network?

I think it's likely, although the business world always chooses reliability over extra function, so unless wireless is fully stable, wired networks will always be the standard.

Can WiFi Replace Cable

Everyday the wireless technology is becoming stable and able to transmit a lot of data at an instance. I think it was in Germany where they recently transmitted about 1GB per second over a wireless network. With such speeds, you can be sure that the wireless network will replace the standard cable network.

I don't know. Perhaps. But I'm also a little paranoid of us all switching over to wireless signals. My cell phone gets incredibly hot whenever I am tethering it for internet access when my landline cable goes out. I know there are millions of people using cell phones everyday, but I wonder if there will be any repercussions in terms of health hazards if we switch entirely over to cellular delivery for internet access. Could all of that heavy transmission cause health issues? I'm thinking something similar to the problems families have when living near power lines.

The new standard 802.11ac can theoretically offer gigabit speeds so we are getting closer to getting rid of all those cables. However, I haven't heard of a place that has completely removed a cabled LAN in place of wireless. Perhaps they are worried about security such as man-in-the-middle attacks.

yes,A team from the Mobile Computing Research Center at Microsoft Research has set up
landline number tracker a testbed to explore the use of hgh frequency (60 gighertz) radio band to transfer large volumes of data between servers. The team built a system with tiny directional antennas at the top of each rack to send and receive data. This design sped up traffic by at least 45 percent in 95 percent of the cases tested, Microsoft researcher Daniel Halperin told the Times.
visit: http://mobilenumbertrackr.com

Back