Why shared hosting is less secure than dedicated hosting?

hikmat_tony

Hi,

Few days ago i planned to buy the hosting for my fresh website, and i started to search about the types.

I also talked to my friend who is a developer he suggested me to by shared hosting but also told that it is less secure than dedicated hoting.

I did not understand what he said, can someone tell how is less secure than dedicated ?

A shared hosting plan hosts multiple accounts on a single dedicated IP address. They are usually used to save costs and space for hosting. Shared hosting is not very recommendable as they do not provide data security as the same space and IP address is shared between multiple clients.

You need to choose the host with good reputation and that never sells overshared network as many other hosts do, so your sites will be always up and very fast. You can trust Plusplushosting.net and their premium shared hosting solutions. Their email SPAM controls works really good according to reviews, so you will have no headaches with Spam. They have now running LiteSpeed + HTTP/2 in their shared hosting!

As multiple websites are hosted under same server, If any website is infected that will affect the whole server and hosted clients websites. setting up security constraints for each client is quite challenging. In dedicated servers, as name indicates a server will be provided with dedicated resources, full root access, and some basic security settings. these features will not be available in shared hosting. Every time if your websites is down due to some other websites you need to contact to hosting provider.

For me Uptime and Speed, Support and Price are very important factors when choosing a right web host. Would also prefer a cpanel host.

I can draw your attention to several web hosts offering reliable shared hosting services:
1) Kvchosting.com
2) A2hosting.com
They are optimized for application hosting and provide more security, reliability and speed than traditional web hosts.

Hi,

For Uptime and Speed, Support and Price are very important factors when choosing a right web host. Before purchase the web hosting service please check the services or technical support of that particular hosting company. Its save the cost.
Thanks

In Shared Hosting, the websites which are using less resources can be hosted. The websites with the use of less Disk Space, Memory Usage, etc… can be hosted in cheap cost.

In Dedicated Hosting, large websites with high Memory Usage and Traffic can be hosted. High performance and Server Space is available in Dedicated server Hosting.

Back