Why does my laptops battery run low so fast?

sweetcorn

My laptops battery which is approximately two years old barely remains charged for half an hour . Therefore i always have to charge it very soon. Why does this happen and what should i do now to get rid of this?

Well, it seems your battery is almost reaching the end of its life-cycle. IMHO, I think you should get a replacement for the battery.

Yea...most likely, your battery is starting to get to the point that it can longer longer hold a charge as effeciently as it once could. Though I believe nearly all batteries (well, rechargeable ones at least ) will eventually suffer this fate. If I were you, I would either leave the computer constantly plugged in and charging, or perhaps it's time to find a replacement.

I think your Battery Life-cycle is going to die soon.
Laptop batteries after 2 years will need mostly plugged-in to work properly.

You laptop is either riddled by a virus or it may need some cleaning up. Take it to your local service center mate.

That's the thing with laptops! The batteries only last about 2 years, so yeah, you need to get a new one. The thing is, don't buy a chinese, unofficial one, they are great for about 6 months and then they suck! Spend a bit more and get the official replacement. I'm speaking from a lot of personal experience!

There are cheaper alternatives available rather than buying the manufacturers brand. instead of buying a dell laptop battery for a dell laptop you can buy those compatible ones like for toner cartridges. They are cheaper and in some cases they hold the charge longer. It's a bit hit and miss so look for reviews to find a good one that is recommended by other users to avoid those dud ones that only last a few months.

There are cheaper alternatives available rather than buying the manufacturers brand. instead of buying a dell laptop battery for a dell laptop you can buy those compatible ones like for toner cartridges. They are cheaper and in some cases they hold the charge longer. It's a bit hit and miss so look for reviews to find a good one that is recommended by other users to avoid those dud ones that only last a few months.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't bother though unless they can be fully trusted. I've bought unbranded ones in the past with high MA's, but even though they are awesome for about 3 months, they really quickly deteriorate and by 6 months they are useless. I'd rather spend a little more and get the manufacturers one.

The battery runs low so fast for a number of reasons. First, users sometimes charge their laptops overnight, which will hurt the battery life because it keeps charging even when the battery is full. Second, the battery of a laptop has a lifespan between 3 to 5 years before it starts to drain a little as the year goes by. It's normal because that's how every battery works. it might reach to a cycle that the battery starts to lose some, if not all, of its memory.

Don't use Laptop while charging it decrease the battery life, and low the brightness of your Laptop more brighter screen also consume more battery and because of two years of using a Laptop the battery life is getting low with time I think maximum battery life is 4 or 5 year that are offered by the company.

I was thinking about this the other day, I didn't realise it meant that my battery is on the way out. Thanks for creating this thread, don't want to get caught short when I'm traveling around the country. :)

The battery is at the end of its' life cycle. All good things can't last forever and so you will have to replace it soon. Different things can cause you battery to die out quicker. They range from overusing to overcharging your battery.

As others have said, unfortually it's at the end of it's life cycle. I did this to my old laptop by leaving it plugged in and charging, which wore out the battery pretty quickly so now it only runs for 15 minutes without being plugged in. Get a replacement battery and it will feel brand new.

Two years is enough time to wear out a battery. You are lucky, some batteries do not last that long one year would be enough. I would recommend to start saving up for another battery. The way I see it soon or later it will fail completely.

It was only when i read this thread that i realized that i must have damaged the battery of my laptop because of overcharging or charging it even if it is already fully charged. Thanks.

your battery need replacement. Because every product have time to use. You can use it from last two yeas its not able to work more so replace your battery

Back