Why Do You Think iPhone Is So Popular

I just want to share with other people their views on what they thing is the reason that iPhone is so popular. Personally i think that the iPhone became so popular because when it was launched there was no other phone or device with such a exceptional touch screen functionality. Now many other manufacturers like Samsung and other have produced devices which are good at touch screen but it was the iPhone from Apple who brought and started this revolution.

Any suggestions on why do you think Apple iPhone became so popular ?

One like you said they were on the first to have such a great interface, but now I far prefer my Samsungs over the iPhone. Secondly is iTunes and iPods. They were so popular and transitioning to iPhone was the easiest option. I have friends that have spent literally thousands of dollars on iTunes' content and don't want to deal with trying to transfer it to an Android device if it is even possible. Lastly, which is pretty common, people stick with what they are comfortable with. Now that I switched from iPhone to android, I would have a really hard time switching back. Even just switching to another android brand would not be easy. I am so comfortable with the layout of my Samsung Galaxy S3 and my Galaxy S before that.

Well, I got my IPhone solely because I knew it would be the easiest thing to use; I wouldn't have to carry around a phone AND an ipod, because I'd have both in one. It's also one of the most popular phones, so I'd have IMessage, which would make my phone bill easier. The camera also is very decent on it, better than most phones cameras. I think that how simple it is to use, and how well it is designed is what makes it so popular in general - and how popular it is, also makes it more popular because everyone wants to have what everyone else has.

Like everyone else said, because it is so easy to use. I have an iPhone and I can not image going to another brand. It is what I know and I know how to get to everything within seconds and most apps that come out, they come out for the iPhone.

Also with iTunes, everything can be transferred to easily from your phone to the your iPad and iPods.

Simply because it was the first, majorly marketed "smart" phone back then.The first ones always make an impression right? Also, the way that Apple carried out the marketing place for the iPhone 1st generation was artist. They plastered it everywhere. From buildings to internet ads to TV ads, explaining a simple feature in each commerical.

That success will ride out for who-knows, how long :rolleyes:

Basically, its just about advertising and press release and making people talk about such things. Iphone bacame popular just like how they release iPad. There are lots of people who are a lot important than Steve Jobs but because peopel talk about the release it made him like a God. And why do you think the death of the programmer who create the C-language didn't make the world shock? when the fact that C langauge is infact the start why these devices works.

-snip- And why do you think the death of the programmer who create the C-language didn't make the world shock? when the fact that C langauge is infact the start why these devices works.

Well, Steve Jobs was an avid speaker and a good media spokesmen. Everyone came to know that name immediately and that's why people were grieving over Jobs.

There is nothing big to say here, Apple just has a big fanbase.
It's true that their products are great and that the design is appealing, but most of their sales come from a big apple fanbase.
Most iphone users just buy the new iphone if they are told to (Advertising), even not knowing what' new or why it's better than the last one.
They just buy it because they are told to, and they can.

I think the iPhone is so popular because it's effective. It may not be the most technologically advanced, but it is very effective in what it does have. Basically, it knows what it has and it knows exactly how to use it. Plus, it's become sort of a trend in the later years. Sort of how Sidekicks and Boost Mobile phones used to be.

It is popular because it is branded. It was the first of its kind like the Blackberry. But unlike the Blackberry it has staying power so it has been very successful. I have never really been a fan because of Apple's proprietary business practices. I think eventually something a lot different will come out and take a chunk out of Apple's smart phone share.

Because there are Apple fanatics. These people will go miles and persuade everyone to buy an iPhone. They will keep up with the latest news, read the latest articles, and try to convert them into using the iOS. To be honest though, iOS and Apple are really not that great. I feel like they will eventually drop in sales, and Android or Windows will start to take over their place. Until they release better features and options on the newer iPhones, their future doesn't look so great.

Yes, you are already said the reason. Apple was succesful to bring a standard operating system for smartphones and people loved it. Now iphone has a huge fan base but I think popularity of iphone will decline because of the emergence of high end Android phones.

I think that this is related to eco-technologies. After all, my previous phone always deleted all the data from the mail. And it bothered me, because there was a lot of necessary information. But with http://www.emailadepts.com/ this problem has always been solved. Now I do not like Apple, because it needs special programs that cost a lot of money, and not everyone can afford it. At the same time, there were problems with the data?

Back