While doing a 301 would impact a negative result to the site?

manojkumar77

Hi

I thought I never got answer for such Query in the past. I think So!!!

If I am Doing a 301 redirect from www to non-www format of a site.

then,

for a site which does not yet started its backlinks count say New Domain

Probably it does not show any changes in Google as it is not yet started to rank in Google

But for a site which has built backlinks in each versions WWW and Non-WWW and the site ranking well in Google results, While redirecting the site to a preferred one

Does the site experience a negative impact in ranking? few of my sites were faced such drops in keyword ranking in Google after made such changes!

How to solve such drop in ranking while redirecting an old site to a preferred URL?

Do any one noticed such case in Your sites?

Please share your opinion and the possible reason and the better solution to overcome this!!

Thanks in advance..

301 Moved Permanently. A 301 redirect is a permanent redirect which passes between 90-99% of link equity (ranking power) to the redirected page. 301 refers to the HTTP status code for this type of redirect. In most instances, the 301 redirect is the best method for implementing redirects on a website.

301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".

Back