What tools do you use for coding?

There are approximately the same number of differing opinions on this as there are programmers!

Crucially, it depends on which language you are working in - and on which operating system.

The answers are different for graphics programming versus (say) banking software. Different for Java and for C++. Different for Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android or iOS. And different just because of personal preferences.

For me: I’m a bit old-school: Linux, csh, make, gnu c++, gdb, vi/emacs…this will almost certainly not be your preference!

Tools for Coding :
1. GitHub
2. Stack Overflow
3. Text Editors ( Notepad+, Sublime text editor)
4. HTML and CSS validation

It really depends on the project.
Our website design company also enforces different text editors according to not only programming language but experience of the programmer.
Sublime and brackets are standard for us.
Above that we use Xampp local servers.
Resource usage or referencing i don't care how good a programmer you are are always needed. For that we use github preferably and secondarily stackoverflow.
I dont really think there is a correct answer to this question its really just what set of tools you trust and give you a great workflow.

Regardless of what software you use for coding and what software you or outsourced developers do, I advise you to always use Testing Services. It's not enough to make a good app. It needs to be thoroughly tested before giving it to your customers for mass use. You can read more about this topic by clicking on the link if you are interested.

Back