What To Do If Windows 7 Does Not Boot On Laptop

williamjones

On my other Laptop i have Windows 7 installed but its not booting up and i am not sure what to do now. This laptop is not under warranty so i can not take it to vendor for a free check up or so. Kindly suggest me the steps that i should take now to fix this Laptop and get Windows 7 running again as it is not even booting up now.

When you say does not boot, do you get a message to validate Windows or do you get nothing? Microsoft is quite helpful when it comes to problems with their software and if you get a validate message but are unable to validate, you can contact the number provided in the error message. If you do not get this, you could try another tech support number for Microsoft.

I had a problem with Vista on an old laptop and it could not validate Windows all of a sudden. It gave me an error message and asked me to call a number for validation keys. I called the number and it was automated at first giving me numbers and letters to input into multiple boxes to validate based on my code that was linked to my Windows. It still wouldn't work so after 2 attempts it got me to an operator fairly quickly. She was unable to help and connected me to tech support. After he was unable to help by walking me through, he said I had corrupted files and sent me out a new copy of Vista.

If you had Windows 7 initially on your laptop, you should take it to a technician to check it out should it be any broken parts like the hard drive. If it's the system that's the problem, try to reformat the laptop.
If you didn't have Windows 7 at the start, maybe you should downgrade to it's recommend OS.

xHysteria.

Are you getting any system messages on screen? If yes, then try to reformat your laptop with any other windows 7 source. If your laptop is not at all starting then there might have hardware problems.

With my supplementary Mobile computer we have Windows 7 mounted on the other hand its not booting in place and also we are undecided how to handle it now. This laptop is not beneath warranted thus I am unable to get it for you to seller for the free of drop somebody in it check or maybe even longer. Benevolently guidance me your actions I need to take now to solve this particular Mobile computer and obtain Windows 7 in commission all over again as it isn't even booting in place now.

Use a windows 7 DVD to boot up and then run repair. If this doesn't help re-install windows by formatting the partition in which it was installed previously.
If it doesn't boot up from DVD by default, Try pressing different Function keys, or Del, or some other keys to enter to the boot menu and choose the boot order there.
If you want to take a backup of your data, use some Linux Live USB or DVD.

Use a windows 7 DVD to boot up and then run repair. If this doesn't help re-install windows by formatting the partition in which it was installed previously.
If it doesn't boot up from DVD by default, Try pressing different Function keys, or Del, or some other keys to enter to the boot menu and choose the boot order there.
If you want to take a backup of your data, use some Linux Live USB or DVD.
This is a good solution, but if it doesn't work, get ubuntu linux cd and boot your computer from the cd without installing it, then repair windows from there

There could be a number of reasons why it doesn't boot up. First thing to try is pressing F8 while it is starting up and then go into safe mode. Assuming you can get into safe mode, open a command prompt in administrative mode and type sfc /scannow

This will check all your system files and fix any that are corrupted. If that fails then pull out your HDD and backup any data via a USB caddy and then reinstall Windows 7. This is good housekeeping anyway as you may have accumulated unwanted programs over the years so a rebuild will do you good.

This might sound like a no brainer, but make sure you don't have any USB drives plugged into your system. There is a possibility that it might be trying to boot from that instead which is why you are having the problem. I had this issue a few weeks ago with my desktop system. I had forgotten that I had a USB stick plugged in in the back, and when I rebooted I though my system was hosed. What an easy fix though when I caught it, but it did cause quite a scare.

Back