What To Do If Somebody Steal My WebSite Images

kjo-compute

Does some body here have any idea what can i do if i see other website have stolen my images and are using them without any prior permission or any inquiry from me. Is there any thing i can do legally or morally to force them to remove my copyright images . Help will really be appreciated.

Also tell me where should i start with and what is the maximum i can do and can i force him to remove my stolen images.

The first thing you could do is contact the owner and calmly tell them that you do not wish to have your image on their website. Usually that will work, but if it doesn't you can always contact the host, and they will contact the owner hopefully fix the situation. But for the times that I've seen this happening, contacting the owner works better than you would think.

Like sheepishwolf said, you can usually get rid of copyright infringements by simply asking (kindly ofc :p) the admin of the website or the owner to remove the images or artwork etc.

If you own an actual website, you can usually put a hotlink protection on a certain extension of whatever files you want to protect. Hotlink protection is basically when someone views an image from another party instead of using your actually website. It redirects the viewer to a x page (usually a default image or page.)

Obviously first contact him, to politely remove this picture.
If that doesn't work, there are many dedicated copyright infringments websites over the internet.
Or if you can prove that you are the author of that image and you want it remove, contact a lawyer.

There is a reverse image search engine called Tineye.com that will help you do research to see if anyone else is using your images without your permission. They also have a browser plugin to make it even easier. I would definitely implement hotlinking protection if you haven't done so already. Watermarking can help, but it can also be a distraction, if you're running a photography website for example and want to showcase your work.

If they are unresponsive to your requests to remove your image(s), I suppose you could retaliate a bit by calling them out on your blog and on other web sites as well. When people do searches for their site, it's possible your posts will show up in the SERPs as well tarnishing the reputation of their site. You could probably find other forums that the site owner posts on and mention it on those as well to shame them.

Back